cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Id like to swap my sky tv box to the BT TV box pro but realised i will encounter a problem...

I currently have a prolink22 (edit by mod) connected to the IO port on the back of my Sky receiver. I have the main aerial lead, the telly from the kitchen and bedroom going into the pro link 200. The BT box pro doesnt have that IO port, just the aerial in and aerial out. Im going round in circles on the internet trying to find a solution but to no avail. Anyone know a workaround please

kind regards

Hillian

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Id like to swap my sky tv box to the BT TV box pro but realised i will encounter a problem...

You need to remove the link from your post. It's against forum rules to post links to e-commerce sites. You can name the product.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: Id like to swap my sky tv box to the BT TV box pro but realised i will encounter a problem...

What is it that you're trying to achieve? If it's the ability to watch BT TV in more than one room then we have a multiroom subscription for that. Distributing the signal from one BT TV box to multiple TVs isn't supported, but may be possible with HDMI senders (subject to some restrictions).

If all you want to do is distribute the aerial signal then no additional hardware is needed.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I am in the same situation. I think the OP may be talking about using a magic eye to control the box from a TV in another room. I have a SKY setup that allows me to change channels and watch recordings on TV's in my bedroom and kitchen using magic eyes and aerial cable connected between TV's and some distribution boxes, etc. Not sure this will work with BT TV.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Yep - but why control the main box from another room, and have a really poor picture quality when you could just have another box and get the best possible experience in the other room too?
Message 6 of 7

Poor picture quality?? HDMI cable sends picture and sound. Magic eye uses tv cable for remote control. Picture quality is full HD on all televisions. Not sure you understand how this works.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

The ProLink 22 referred to by @hillian is a UHF distribution (as far as I can tell) ... which is why I'm saying a multiroom subscription or HDMI sender would be better options.