cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 29

Re: If I have a Vision box and YouView what happens?

@jlh478 wrote:

Yes, I know.  But £250 plus is a silly price for it.

I wonder if someone out of contract could buy a youview box for £49 from BT and then carry on using their BT vision box and use the youview box for other stuff?

probably and this could be why masona2 has raised the question, may try it as multi-room or use it to receive services from another supplier

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 29

@masona2 wrote:

Bingo. Yes, thats what I wanted to know. Can one have two boxes (which has been confirmed as yes and yes via a retail box) and have Vision on one or the other (which I already new).

But as SeanD stated above, BT will not allow this through them. It is technically possible, the the question remains - why not?

SeanD stated no such thing. He stated that you can't get Youview on a BT Vision+ box. But no-one's asked that.

I'm certainly not running out to waste £300 on a retail Youview box. I'd still like to know what happens to my BT Vision box if I take up the BT Youview offer, but no-one seems capable of answering the question.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 13 of 29

Hi Guys,

Sorry for any confusion caused.  I will find out the answers to the outstanding questions, just to be clear there are 2 question that need answered,

1.  How long would an existing customer have to re-contract.

2.  If you took up the BT YouView box what would happen with your old Vision box?  Could this still be used?

I will get you answers to these questions and once I do I will pop back here and update the thread.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 29

@SeanD

Yes - number 2 -  If you took up the BT YouView box what would happen with your old Vision box?  Could this still be used?

But not for Vision Multiroom - Meaning keep our Vision service just on the BT Vision+ box to access to Sky Sports and use the YouView box for all of its other services.

Edit - Oh, and the re-contract is for only 12 months - it states this in the FAQ's link.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 29

but that says you must recontract both vision+infinity - when i joined in jan vision was 12months, infinity was 18months - then when upgraded the infinity was extended so doesn't end till oct next year - so would this mean for me if i renew does my infinity contract end in oct 2014 or does it replace my current contract which still has 12 months outstanding.

i will admit at the moment i'm debating whether or not to stay with bt on vision or youview or switch to someone else for on-demand stuff and a lot depends on what bt come back and say regarding the service
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 29

@walkerx -

Via this link -  http://www.youview.bt.com/

Can I buy a YouView box from BT?How much will a YouView box from BT cost?

Great news! The YouView box (£6.95 delivery) from BT is included for new customers who take 12 month subscriptions to BT Vision Essential or BT Vision Unlimited package and either BT Infinity or BT Broadband. You'll just need to pay a £49 activation fee which includes optional 'powerline adaptors' to make it easy to set the box up yourself, but if you want one of our Engineers to set it up for you, this will cost an additional £35 (but with no delivery fee).

Existing BT Vision customers can get a YouView box for the same price - £49 for the box (£6.95 delivery but no activation charge) - by renewing their BT Vision and their BT Infinity or BT Broadband contract.

BT is proud to offer our customers the Humax DTR-T1000 YouView box, worth £299 from retailers, which has received excellent reviews over the last couple of months.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 29

@walkerx

Just had a thought. As you know, no one can on here can answer your question. So ask BT directly. Or, better still, ask the Mods directly. They'll find out for you.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 29

@masona2 wrote:

@walkerx -

Via this link -  http://www.youview.bt.com/

Can I buy a YouView box from BT?How much will a YouView box from BT cost?

Great news! The YouView box (£6.95 delivery) from BT is included for new customers who take 12 month subscriptions to BT Vision Essential or BT Vision Unlimited package and either BT Infinity or BT Broadband. You'll just need to pay a £49 activation fee which includes optional 'powerline adaptors' to make it easy to set the box up yourself, but if you want one of our Engineers to set it up for you, this will cost an additional £35 (but with no delivery fee).

Existing BT Vision customers can get a YouView box for the same price - £49 for the box (£6.95 delivery but no activation charge) - by renewing their BT Vision and their BT Infinity or BT Broadband contract.

BT is proud to offer our customers the Humax DTR-T1000 YouView box, worth £299 from retailers, which has received excellent reviews over the last couple of months.

it's that bit in blue that says if current customer you must renew both

but if you follow the FAQ linked by StephanieG's post then people still in contract have to pay £299+£6.95

the 2nd bit i highlighted is now incorrect (was originally at time) as the price was reduced and is now available for £249.95 from nearly all retailers selling it (richersounds, currys, argos, pc world)

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 29

@walkerx

Forgive me, fellow poster, but carrying on about it on here isn't going to answer your question, is it?

So just contact the Mods and they'll find out for you. And please let us know how you got on.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 29

@masona2 wrote:

@walkerx

Forgive me, fellow poster, but carrying on about it on here isn't going to answer your question, is it?

So just contact the Mods and they'll find out for you. And please let us know how you got on.

i'm going to, currently formulating an email directly to bt as there's other questions i want to raise

0 Ratings