cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
2,176 Views
Message 21 of 29

Re: If I have a Vision box and YouView what happens?

Hi Walkerx,

 

Existing customers still in contract will not be able to get the BT YouView box for the £49, this offer is only for existing customers who are no longer in contract.  Sorry about the confusion from the FAQ, we will update this to make it more clear.

 

And Masona2, in answer to your question:

 

The use of  two or more YouView/ Vision boxes on the same broadband line is not supported. If you plug in a YouView box from BT, your old BT Vision+ box may stop working and so you should watch the recordings on your old box before plugging in your new one.  We hope to introduce a multiroom offering in 2013.

 

Stephanie

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
masona2
Recognised Expert
2,166 Views
Message 22 of 29

Re: If I have a Vision box and YouView what happens?

Thanks for the confirmation, Stephanie.

 

And

 

Ahaaaaa!

 

Finally! Official confirmation that, on the new platform, Multiroom is coming.

 

The BT slideshow I saw (on the net) was very impressive. Using three BT Vision boxes, a smart TV and a games console. Provided one has the bandwidth, of course.

 

And now, for me, the downside. As it stands at the moment, YouView is just not an option for me. Still, it's not all bad news, because I'll just wait for the BT Vision 2.0 Freeview HD box thats coming out (if they can ever get the flipping thing to work properly).

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
2,158 Views
Message 23 of 29

Re: If I have a Vision box and YouView what happens?


@StephanieG wrote:

Hi Walkerx,

 

Existing customers still in contract will not be able to get the BT YouView box for the £49, this offer is only for existing customers who are no longer in contract.  Sorry about the confusion from the FAQ, we will update this to make it more clear.

 

And Masona2, in answer to your question:

 

The use of  two or more YouView/ Vision boxes on the same broadband line is not supported. If you plug in a YouView box from BT, your old BT Vision+ box may stop working and so you should watch the recordings on your old box before plugging in your new one.  We hope to introduce a multiroom offering in 2013.

 

Stephanie


So when a BT Vision customer signs up for the BT Youview service are they simply asked to disconnect their BT Vision box?

 

It seems very odd that an existing BT Vision customer can go out and buy a Youview box and access BT Vision on both their BT Vision box and their Youview box, but if we get Youview from BT that it might somehow screw up the BT Vision box.

 

I think I'll wait for the 2013 offering.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
2,141 Views
Message 24 of 29

Re: If I have a Vision box and YouView what happens?


@StephanieG wrote:

Hi Walkerx,

 

Existing customers still in contract will not be able to get the BT YouView box for the £49, this offer is only for existing customers who are no longer in contract.  Sorry about the confusion from the FAQ, we will update this to make it more clear.

 

And Masona2, in answer to your question:

 

The use of  two or more YouView/ Vision boxes on the same broadband line is not supported. If you plug in a YouView box from BT, your old BT Vision+ box may stop working and so you should watch the recordings on your old box before plugging in your new one.  We hope to introduce a multiroom offering in 2013.

 

Stephanie


Thanks for the update - but what about pricing of buying from BT as previously mentioned BT is quoting £299+£6.95 postage for customers within contract, but you can get the box from a retailer for £249.95+Free Postage.

 

So looks like I won't be switching 

 

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
2,113 Views
Message 25 of 29

Re: If I have a Vision box and YouView what happens?


@walkerx wrote:
Thanks for the update - but what about pricing of buying from BT as previously mentioned BT is quoting £299+£6.95 postage for customers within contract, but you can get the box from a retailer for £249.95+Free Postage.

I think you're confusing BT with John Lewis. 😉

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
2,105 Views
Message 26 of 29

Re: If I have a Vision box and YouView what happens?


@minusdot wrote:

@walkerx wrote:
Thanks for the update - but what about pricing of buying from BT as previously mentioned BT is quoting £299+£6.95 postage for customers within contract, but you can get the box from a retailer for £249.95+Free Postage.

I think you're confusing BT with John Lewis. 😉


lol - if it was just one retailer then yeh, but all retailers are now selling it for £249.95, except for BT

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
2,103 Views
Message 27 of 29

Re: If I have a Vision box and YouView what happens?

And it's still overpriced at £249!

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
2,094 Views
Message 28 of 29

Re: If I have a Vision box and YouView what happens?


@minusdot wrote:

And it's still overpriced at £249!


which is currently one of the reasons why i won't be switching now or when my contract ends in january

0 Ratings
micaye
Aspiring Expert
2,083 Views
Message 29 of 29

Re: If I have a Vision box and YouView what happens?

If in Doubt "OPT OUT"

 

customers are not being forced to upgrade to youview by BT. (sales tactics)

"StephanieG" your old BT Vision+ box "MAY" stop working.
Self explanatory I think NOT

 

But a wise person would hold back and watch this space for more clarification, especially that BT are truly not upfront with their customers.

 

StephG, many thanks for your comments , but there are still unanswered questions relating to this thread, ie in depth, Give a little bit but not the whole picture here, I believe.

0 Ratings