cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ben_D182
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

If I plug in the power to my BT Youview box should I at least get a red light?

Go to solution

I sat through 45 minuets of "BT tech support" and forgot to ask the simple question. Should I have seen some form of life from my BT Youview box? No light comes on or anything when I've plugged in the power supply. Internet router is working fine and so is the ariel though both are in two separate rooms managed to hook them both together. Got an engineer coming out tomorrow but I've been told theres a charge of £129.99 if something is wrong and its my fault. and basically I dont want to pay that for a box which I got for £14 on a deal when everyhting else works! 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Ben_D182
Beginner
Message 2 of 15

Re: If I plug in the power to my BT Youview box should I at least get a red light?

Go to solution

I should add everything is brand new I only got it the other day and my internet was activated yesterday. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

Re: If I plug in the power to my BT Youview box should I at least get a red light?

Go to solution

Did you turn it on at the rocker switch at the back?

Image1.jpg

0 Ratings
Ben_D182
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

It's only a small thing. There is no rocker at the back. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

I see, you only just have the non-recordable version. I have the full version, so I am not sure. Maybe its activated from the power button on the remote control?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Check that the power adapter is assembled properly so that it clicks in place.

Image1.jpg

Ben_D182
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

tried everything. theres a power button on the box though. that just doesnt do anything. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@Ben_D182 wrote:

tried everything. theres a power button on the box though. that just doesnt do anything. 

And the power adapter is assembled correctly as shown above?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

If the box is faulty, then its a BT Vision type engineer you need, not a broadband one, especially if the Internet is working OK, and you can visit websites.

0 Ratings
Ben_D182
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

fairly sure it is... Ive not checked I'm away from my home at the moment but I do remember messing around with is for a while making sure it was done correctly when I first plugged it in. 

0 Ratings