Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

India are confused about YouView

Go to solution

I have been monitoring all the threads about YouView broadband usage when subscribing to BT Vision.

I wanted to make absolutely sure that my increasing broadband usage as shown on the usage monitor was incorrect i.e any on demand or BT vision player usage isn't counted against my monthly allowance as this has been increasing steadily. I have Broadband Option 1 with 10GB limit.

I decided to use the Online Chat facility and got answered by someone in India (judging from their name). The first person kindly said he/she wasn't trained on YouView so would get someone to call me back.

Got call within a few minutes, again from India and explained my question. After speaking to her supervisor got told that if I listened to music or watched a video then this was charged against my monthly allowance just like it would when using my PC!!!!

I was also told that my historical usage was usually less that 5GB, it now stands at 5.35GB and might exceed my limit by the end of the month, but this could be resolved by increasing my broadband allowance!!!!!!

It was clear from the response that my question had not been understood so I went through it again. A few seconds silence and then got told the operator (female) would speak to Customer Support. A few seconds later the line went dead and since then nothing.

Whilst the problem with the usage monitor continues I am sure there are others like me checking their usage monitor and finding it increasing and despite what may have been written on the forum still having lingering doubts as to whether they are going to exceed their broadband allowance.

With BT Vision I never had any doubts that On Demand etc. wasn't affecting my limit but now with the introduction of the YouView interface it is not so transparent.

PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE can we get this resolved and be given a simple method of checking YouView is free as stated. 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 21

Re: India are confused about YouView

Go to solution

If you are a Vision subscriber then the YouView downloads don't count towards your download limit. The usage checker online doesn't work properly for this yet and seems to include all data use. I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are you will never have a problem, if they attempt to bill you for it then just have the discussion with them then.

0 Ratings
jrpatten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

I had the same discussion with an indian gentleman using the online chat facility, and had the same response as you saying all YouView usage which is not in the 'BT Vision' player would count towards your usage. I then decided to email them with my question (accidentaly did this twice) and had a reponse from 2 employees at the 'BT Vision Newcastle Case Management Team' basically saying 'You will not be charged for this, but this will show up on your usage history. BT are aware of this & there is no need to worry.'

I would go with cactusbob's response and go ahead and use it fully and hope they get it sorted in the next month. However I am not looking forward to ringing india and speaking to somebody who does not have a clue about YouView. Hopefully somebody may have a direct number to thr BT Vision UK team?

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

You are best contacting them via Twitter or via the contact form on this discussion forum. The guys that'll pick it up are pretty good at getting your query to the right place. You can bypass the call center then

0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

Twitters a no no really bob one missed placed coment and you are in the **bleep** mate .my broadbands been running like a bag of frogs all week but i wont contact them at all ,you view will be fine when the new cue cards reach  .............we need to fetch the call centre back to Britain  after all it would create jobs ..........

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

Are you implying that BT Twitter staff somehow affect your service if you say something they don't like?

0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

Knaw twitters read by allsorts mate ,one wrong word politicly incorrect you get reported .......when you think about it ,its disgusting that BT a top telecom  company has to use twitter why not speak direct on phone .. it cant be doing its self favours with all the **bleep** service reports we write on here and twitter ,its hardly good advertising is it ........if i didnt have to deal with them for line problems etc i would of left years ago ................

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution
Well I have nothing to be afraid of with my Twitter posts
0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

Its quite easy though to get annoyed and type the wrong thing in a moment of madness ....i dont use facebook or twitter and never will ,broaden the mind and do somthing less boring instead  ......................

0 Ratings
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks for all the replies.

Glad I am not the only one to find India need more training!!

As for using Twitter etc. think this is a mistake a lot of companies are making at the moment in believing that everyone has a Twitter or Facebook account and forgotten that for many people the good old fashioned telephone is still king!!!

Thanks again

0 Ratings