cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Initial BT TV Set Up -Is an aerial needed?

Go to solution
Not sure if right place to post. Have just signed up for a TV Broadband & Phone package. Info says need roof top aerial - dos everyone have one? If not what are alternatives?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Initial BT TV Set Up -Is an aerial needed?

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

A terrestrial TV aerial is needed, which can be outside, or in the loft, depending on how strong your TV signal is.

All of the TV channels, apart from the extra channels that you have added as part of your BT Vision package, are delivered via your TV aerial. This is mentioned when you place your order.

The TV signal is also needed as part of the setup, and determines which regional catchup content is delivered.

If you do not have a TV aerial, then you can have one fitted at a discounted rate of £60.

Its £120 normally, but £60 if you are a current BT Vision customer.

I need a new aerial but have already placed my TV order

If you think you need a new aerial installed you can contact our TV technical help team and they can place an order for you.

The quickest way to get this sorted would be to contact the  online TV orders chat team

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks but I was confused as during an online chat with a BT member of staff when choosing my package - he said I don't need a roof top one as my signal should be strong enough without.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Sandra1 wrote:
Thanks but I was confused as during an online chat with a BT member of staff when choosing my package - he said I don't need a roof top one as my signal should be strong enough without.

If you already have a good Freeview signal on your TV which is connected to a TV aerial, then the BT YouView box should be fine.

It cannot be connected to a dish aerial.

0 Ratings