Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lot250
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Initial BT TV Set Up

Go to solution

I was advised by two different sales people that I dont need a Ariel for the BTtv set box for the second TV. I got package on the 10/2/17 and today still not up and running even making approx 50 phone calls 3 engineers visits booked but never turned up, 1 arrived on the 4th booked visit got the tv working and after 5mins when he left it stopped working and now still waiting for another engineer, having to wait another 4 days. I have never been treated so badly form a major company and the firghtening thing is the people you speak to at customer complaints at BT they dont give a **bleep** and its normal to **bleep** customers off.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Initial BT TV Set Up

Go to solution

Hi @Lot250,

Did you manage to get this sorted? If not, I'll be able to help you with your complaint. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Lot250
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

PaddyB

The story continues, A engineer came and inreased the internet performance which helped for 2-3 days but now can not watch internet channels on the living room tv but ok up stairs. contected BT again and thought the mini connectors were faulty so they sent me 2 more. Tried and tested no better on the living room tv but up stairs work fine. even swopped the up stairs and living room mini conectors and still no living room tv. I am at loss with the whole BT experiance or the lack of BT experince. I  have been on the phone tonight to BT trying to sort things out then at 9pm the phone went dead due to Bt close of buiness in mid conversation to somone trying to help me. All I want is my tv to work using the internet chanels. i am sure its not a lot to ask and i have paid my money for  ??? what ??.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

Not sure if Paddy is around today.

How many YouView boxes do you have, as you seem to be talking about two TVs?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

@Lot250 Sorry about that, if you send over your details using the contact the mods link we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Lot250
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

I have now got 7 mini connectors and finally got the TVs to work, but have ongoing intermittent issues with no recording Internet channels, it says it recording but nothing recorded or only part of the programme recorded. Sometimes wont let watch the recorded Internet channel. The TV programme just freezes or starts skipping. Getting more error codes then numbers used in bingo hall. IPC 6032,6034 6042 6002 etc . It seems to be only when watching Internet channels.

All I want is my TVs working without any every day issues.

Just been on the phone again for over 30mins explaining to someone in India and they start asking me to do various checks and tests, things got to the point when a engineer has been booked (still waiting for the 3 that were booked 3 weeks ago) so he is booked for 15/3/17 and he will be locked in to my house until all the issues are resolved. My Mrs is getting to the point of moving out as the stress of all the lack of customer care is driving her in to a depressed state which is not helping, as she has cancer and not mobile and relies on watching tv.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

Posting the same information on muliple non-related threads won't help get a quicker reslution. You should stick to this thread where a BT Moderator is helping you. I hope you get your issue resolved.

0 Ratings
Lot250
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

I have 2 YouView boxes. Got the TVs working now but other major issues with the Internet channels. See details below.

0 Ratings
Lot250
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

You should put your self in my situation and I would like to see how you would handle it as there is a bigger issue with BT then my small little issue as your leader Libby Barr needs to get of her high chair and sort out the lack of customer care and service issues. I have just come back to BT after nearly 20 years with Sky and never been treated so badly for purchasing and paid for a product thats not doing as it says on the tin.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

eh? I'm just a customer like you. The only BT staff on this forum are the moderators and some official BT TV experts.

0 Ratings