Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 26

Re: Initial BT TV Set Up

Go to solution

@Lot250 wrote:

I have now got 7 mini connectors and finally got the TVs to work, but have ongoing intermittent issues with no recording Internet channels, it says it recording but nothing recorded or only part of the programme recorded. Sometimes wont let watch the recorded Internet channel. The TV programme just freezes or starts skipping. Getting more error codes then numbers used in bingo hall. IPC 6032,6034 6042 6002 etc . It seems to be only when watching Internet channels.

All I want is my TVs working without any every day issues.

Just been on the phone again for over 30mins explaining to someone in India and they start asking me to do various checks and tests, things got to the point when a engineer has been booked (still waiting for the 3 that were booked 3 weeks ago) so he is booked for 15/3/17 and he will be locked in to my house until all the issues are resolved. My Mrs is getting to the point of moving out as the stress of all the lack of customer care is driving her in to a depressed state which is not helping, as she has cancer and not mobile and relies on watching tv.

Which box exactly do you have , which router are you using & how is the box connected to the router?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Lot250,

I know you've had problems for a while now which is why both @NeilO and @PaddyB offered you help before. I'd like to help you get everything up and running. Can you please get in touch with us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods? We will then get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

As I commented yesterday I have a engineer coming to sort things out on 15/3/17. Just watching a freeView channel then all of a sudden a recorded programme from last week started on its own. Whats all that about ?.

So i tried to whatch a Internet channel 377 then it took at least 5 mins to appear on the TV then the picture is frozen then error 6002 came up then disappear then another recorded program's started playing on it own without touching the remote.

To make things get worse i got charged for an engineer £49.99 to arrive to sort my issues out over 2 weeks ago of which he didn't sort out as after 5 mins when he left the problems came back then it took over 1 week to get another engineer which increased my Internet speed as he thought this causing the problems. These issues i am experiencing are a every day occurrence but you don't know when its going to happen or this the normal operating procedure ? Well I am very intrested tomorrow when the engineer arrives to see if can fix it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

Now getting error IPC 6001 on both TV boxes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

An engineer turned up today and advised there is a BT signal problem on there line, so another visit is due on 18/3/17 to sort it.

Bt billing are not keen to credit 100% me for the engineers visit on the 24/3 even though he didn't fix the problem, but i am not finished with that issue yet. This experience's of these issues has caused my Mrs so much stress due to her illness and I have never been treated so badly by a company providing a public service. Looking back over the last few weeks since going back to BT there are a lot of incompetent people who don't know what they are selling and how it works as every time you contact them you always get different answers to the same questions and up to know none of them have fixed my problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Lot250,

I'm sorry you're having such a terrible experience. We have offered to help you several times on this thread so if that suits please drop over an email with your details and we'll take case ownership until resolution. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

@Lot250

You will need to edit out that personal correspondence on your last post, as its against forum rules to post it on this public forum.

As it said on the emails

"This email contains BT information, which may be privileged or confidential. It's meant only for the individual(s) or entity named above"

I have passed it to the moderators to do the editing, If you would like to repost with a simple update to say that an engineer visit has been postponed, and you will be updated Monday.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks, You do what you need to do as i am not  good at emails and forum stuff.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

Hi

Just to keep you all updated. There was an engineer booked today 18/3/17 between 3-6pm, at 4.15pm I rang BT just to confirm if this visit is still planned and the response was yes. At 6.25pm no visit from an engineer so I rang BT again and spoke to Megan to find if there was one visiting today and she tried to contact the engineer from Open reach but no response. Megan advised someone will call me on Monday 20/3/17 yo rearrange another visit. You can now see why I get very frustrated and upset when things don't go to plan, that's 4 visits out of 7 planned visits not turned up. What do I do now ????. Your Libby Barr is not going to be happy with this response as she emailed me to advise my issues are being monitored and actions are in place

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

That is better, as it does not mention anyone by name, or any fault or reference numbers.

Really, any correspondence between yourself and a BT employee is confidential, and not for public view, so you may find that your last post edited by one of the moderators.

Once a case is passed to them, then there is no need to post updates until the issue is resolved, and this is often posted by the moderator when the case is closed, so that forum members know the outcome.

0 Ratings