cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
don_simon
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Interference with BT Sport 4K channel

I’ve had BT TV for a month and find it works satisfactorily most of the time. But the reception on the BT Sport 4K channel is unwatchable.

Initially the box was connected to the internet via a (non BT but highly rated) powerline adapter. The download speed was too slow at 16 Mbps for 4K to work. BT says it needs 44 Mbps.

I then learned about BT Whole Home Wi-Fi and have installed it, connected to a BT Smarthub. It seems completely brilliant. Wi-Fi in the av kit location is now 80 Mbps from 2 mbps before and the download speed from the Ethernet port to which the BT TV box is connected is 160 Mbps. BUT the 4K reception is still unwatchable. All other BT subscription hd channels are working fine.

Various calls to BT have not resolved the 4K  issue and they seem puzzled. An engineer will be coming to take a look this week. In the meantime, has anyone experienced a similar problem?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Interference with BT Sport 4K channel

I had similar issues last night. Picture and sound breaking up. I've had my box for almost 12 months now and not had issues in the past.

I've been using Powerline adaptors from the start and they're rated as AV1200, showing 450mbps transfer rate on the app. Never had problems before.
0 Ratings
sixtieschick-1940
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

I cant answer your question, but have a similar one, with Drama chanel , 20. Even if i record it , keeps telling me "weak signal" but all other chanels are fine,Have tried moving the tv about , and is ok just for a while.
0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

Forgive me if I’m wrong but is Drama not a terrestrial channel? It’s therefore a completely different issue to the OP’s
0 Ratings
sixtieschick-1940
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

I really dont know! Has only just started happening recently,😕
0 Ratings
sixtieschick-1940
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

What is OP's , please?
0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

OP = Original Post  ;0)

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

@sixtieschick-1940wrote:
I really dont know! Has only just started happening recently,😕

I’ve checked and Drama is definitely a channel received over your aerial unlike BT Sport UHD which is through broadband. Are you experiencing the same issue with other channels on the same Mux as Drama, eg Quest, ITV 3?

0 Ratings
sixtieschick-1940
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

No , just Drama,..on chanel 20.... I have put it on this morning and it is fine...and kept going back to it yo make sure.. But i find , when it is bad, if i swivel the tele, as its on a swivel base , it is ok. No other chanel is affected! So annoying as there are many programmes i like to record.. Its doesnt happen any certain part of the day, can happen at any time,, thank you fir your reply.
0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14

The 4K channel last night was unwatchable. Large green bands across the screen, I've recently had a firmware update on my TV and it occoured to me that might be the issue, but after playing with the settings it made no difference.

I ended uo watching the program on BT HD1 where there were no issues at all, so it can't be a problem with my broadband or router.

0 Ratings