Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Interference with BT Sport 4K channel

@sixtieschick-1940wrote:
No , just Drama,..on chanel 20.... I have put it on this morning and it is fine...and kept going back to it yo make sure.. But i find , when it is bad, if i swivel the tele, as its on a swivel base , it is ok. No other chanel is affected! So annoying as there are many programmes i like to record.. Its doesnt happen any certain part of the day, can happen at any time,, thank you fir your reply.

Very wierd. I still think its likely that the issue is with the strength / quality of the signal and therefore it should affect all of the channels that are broadcast on the same muliplex.

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 14

@gibbylinkswrote:

The 4K channel last night was unwatchable. Large green bands across the screen, I've recently had a firmware update on my TV and it occoured to me that might be the issue, but after playing with the settings it made no difference.

I ended uo watching the program on BT HD1 where there were no issues at all, so it can't be a problem with my broadband or router.

How are you connected to your router? Its my understaning that the 4K channel requires a more reliable connection than for the HD channels, so if you are using powerline connectors then that might be the underlying issue.

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 14

As stated in my earlier post. Yes I am using powerline adaptors, but have been for the last 12 months with no issues.

It's just the last couple of days it's unwatchable.  Previously I've enjoyed the delights of 4k with no problems.

0 Ratings
don_simon
Beginner
Message 14 of 14

@don_simonwrote:

I’ve had BT TV for a month and find it works satisfactorily most of the time. But the reception on the BT Sport 4K channel is unwatchable.

Initially the box was connected to the internet via a (non BT but highly rated) powerline adapter. The download speed was too slow at 16 Mbps for 4K to work. BT says it needs 44 Mbps.

I then learned about BT Whole Home Wi-Fi and have installed it, connected to a BT Smarthub. It seems completely brilliant. Wi-Fi in the av kit location is now 80 Mbps from 2 mbps before and the download speed from the Ethernet port to which the BT TV box is connected is 160 Mbps. BUT the 4K reception is still unwatchable. All other BT subscription hd channels are working fine.

Various calls to BT have not resolved the 4K  issue and they seem puzzled. An engineer will be coming to take a look this week. In the meantime, has anyone experienced a similar problem?

The engineer has been and rigged a 20m Ethernet cable to show 4K working as it should.

So the issue appears to be incompatibility  between the BT Whole Home WiFi mesh network and the the 4K channel on the BT TV Ultra HD box.  HD channels do work.  In a follow up call from BT To discuss the problem they said that they could not guarantee 4K would work due to “latency” issues if not connected via Ethernet directly to the router, even though the download speed connected via Ethernet to the mesh network is 160Mbps.

It’s a shame BT are unable to fix this issue for those of us whose router is nowhere close to the TV.  

0 Ratings