cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Intermittant Blank Picture/Drop out

Hi

I have a Youview+ box for about a month now but I am experiencing intermittant/drop out of picture.
At any random time, the TV goes blank (like a complete loss of signal with no sound), and then it comes back after a few seconds.
This is extremely frustration when it happens 2 or 3 times in a row.
I have check the signal strength and quality and it is fine. It happens on all channels.

Please provide some help or solution for this

Thanks
Dan
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Message 2 of 3

Re: Intermittant Blank Picture/Drop out

Hi @mrdandraycott Sorry you are experiencing intermittent loss of picture and sound.

As the issue is intermittent i would suggest that you check all connections are tightly connected as it could be a lose lead causing the issue. If the connections are all secure then unplug the aerial cable from the back of your BT TV set top box, and plug it directly into the aerial socket of the TV itself. If the problem is still there, it's likely to be an issue with your aerial or Freeview. 

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Intermittant Blank Picture/Drop out

You are not the only one. Screen just goes blank, but when it comes back I can use the remote button to 'rewind'

I have read that there has been some change or other (ie Crystal Palace transmitter) that is having an effect. Some retunes lost channels?

0 Ratings