Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 29

Re: Intermittent Error code IPC6023 when watching Eurosport

0 Ratings
tramdev
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 29

Older powerline adapters may not be able to cope with the increase in speed - mine worked OK till the speed increased then I had to have them replaced.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

Thanks - do you know if I can get these upgraded by BT easily? We've had these adaptors since 2011

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 29

@frustratedcustomer12 wrote:

Thanks everyone for your responses and apologies for delay in reply - I hadn't been able to get online last night.

I spoke to my husband and he said we get the problem with all channels that are streamed via the internet. It's just Eurosport that he watches the most (I don't watch any of the channels so I didn't know).

We use powerline adaptors, so it seems that these might be the cause. Although it's not really possible for us to run a cable, hence the reason we have powerline adaptors.

Don't understand why BT provide a product which clearly isn't fit for purpose?

To be fair to BT they do recommend having the box connected directly by ethernet cable to your hub/router so I think it's unfair to state the product clearly isn't fit for purpose. I also run mine through powerline adapters, and although I rarely, if ever, have issues, it's definitely not as reliable overall as using a direct connection to the router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 29

Thanks - do you know if I can get these upgraded by BT easily? We've had these adaptors since 2011

Give them a call and see if they can help you out. I'd wager that the adapters, owing to age, aren't up to the higher speeds BT are now providing. BT do supply newer adapters recommended if buying their uhd box so it would be worth a call to see if they can help with those.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 29

@tramdev wrote:

Older powerline adapters may not be able to cope with the increase in speed - mine worked OK till the speed increased then I had to have them replaced.

The increase in speed would not be the cause, however the effect of BT increasing the speed, has made the broadband connection more unstable, and likely to error.

Some powerline adapters can interfere with broadband.

See

Interference to broadband caused by powerline adapers or broadband extenders

@frustratedcustomer12 You need to check the ones you have, and reset them.

I would advise that you do it in the following order.

Turn off the home hub.

Go through the process of resetting the powerline adapters first, and make sure they can communicate with each other. Leave them turned on.

Then turn the home hub on again, and let it connect up, it should automatically avoid any interference from the powerline adapters.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 29

@frustratedcustomer12

This will help to see if the increase in speed is making your line unstable.

Please post the connection information from the smart hub using this link

From that information it should be possible to see the downstream noise margin, if that is too low, then it will cause errors.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

Hi - an increase in speed has not caused this issue. We had this issue before the speed was increased. It's been like it ever since we subscribed to the extra channels (upgraded to entertainment package) months ago.

The speed increase has only been recent

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

Thanks - will check later this evening when I'm on my home network
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 29

Hi - an increase in speed has not caused this issue. We had this issue before the speed was increased. It's been like it ever since we subscribed to the extra channels (upgraded to entertainment package) months ago.

The speed increase has only been recent

If you can try what @JohnC2 has suggested, that would prove whether its the powerline adapters causing the issue.

When the YouView box was delivered, there should have been a long thin Ethernet cable in the box. If you could run that cable temporarily between the home hub and the YouView box, it would help to eliminate the problem.

Which of the powerline adapters do you have?

0 Ratings