cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

Intermittent Error code IPC6023 when watching Eurosport

Hi - we keep getting this error code come up intermittently when watching Eurosport

It says to restart router etc. but if we leave it, it the channel starts streaming again. Sometimes this takes ages, sometimes it's within 30 seconds.

It's making it impossible to watch anything properly though as it's so frustrating.

I just don't see the point of phoning BT as I will just have to endure a long painful phonecall where I have to reset everything whilst on the call, all for it all to come back on again and go off again 5 minutes later.

Our broadband speed is good (on Infinity 1) and we were even supposed to have had our speed increased within the past month, but is has made no difference.

It's getting to the point that we can't watch any sport. One minute it's all fine and then randomly it's either breaking up or we get the black screen with the IPC6023 error

No point getting an engineer out because it will probably be working fine when they come. It's often fine during the day and bad evenings and weekends (which suggests a speed issue, but we don't have speed issues according to BT)

Don't know what else to do other than cancel my contract due to unobtainable service.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 29

Re: Intermittent Error code IPC6023 when watching Eurosport

Welcome to this user forum.

Does it affect any of the other subscription channels?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 29

Hi - no it only appears to be Eurosport...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 29

@frustratedcustomer12 wrote:

Hi - no it only appears to be Eurosport...

Is that one of the online players that are part of the BT package?

I do not subscrible to any channels, but use the apps like Netflix etc.

It may need someone with more experience of this, to answer the question.

Have you ever checked your download speed when this problem occurs?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 29

It's a channel that we receive as part of the Entertainment bundle. It streams via the internet...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 29

As all of the other channels are fine.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

Hi @frustratedcustomer12 Sorry you are having difficulty in watching the Eurosport channel. 

Are you connected via Powerline adapters? If so can you connect via Ethernet cable and see if the fault persists?

Thanks

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Holgate001
Contributor
Message 8 of 29

I had similar problems with streamed channels when using powerline adapters. I decided to run Ethernet cable under carpet from router to youview box and this cured the problem, I’ve not seen errors for five weeks now. Appreciate it’s not always easy to run cable but in my case it was a sure fire winner.

Good luck finding a fix

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 29

@frustratedcustomer12 there are two Eurosport SD channels Eurosport 1  (channel 412) and Eurosport 2 (channel 413)   .

Are you experiencing the problems on both  or just one ?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 29

Thanks everyone for your responses and apologies for delay in reply - I hadn't been able to get online last night.

I spoke to my husband and he said we get the problem with all channels that are streamed via the internet. It's just Eurosport that he watches the most (I don't watch any of the channels so I didn't know).

We use powerline adaptors, so it seems that these might be the cause. Although it's not really possible for us to run a cable, hence the reason we have powerline adaptors.

Don't understand why BT provide a product which clearly isn't fit for purpose?

0 Ratings