cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: Intermittent Error code IPC6023 when watching Eurosport

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@frustratedcustomer12 wrote:

Hi - an increase in speed has not caused this issue. We had this issue before the speed was increased. It's been like it ever since we subscribed to the extra channels (upgraded to entertainment package) months ago.

The speed increase has only been recent

If you can try what @JohnC2 has suggested, that would prove whether its the powerline adapters causing the issue.

When the YouView box was delivered, there should have been a long thin Ethernet cable in the box. If you could run that cable temporarily between the home hub and the YouView box, it would help to eliminate the problem.

Which of the powerline adapters do you have?

The ethernet cable wouldn't be long enough as hub is a few metres away. the adaptors I have are Flex 500

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 29

I thought the cable they supplied was either 15 or 30 metres?

I wonder which ones @tramdev had, before they were replaced?

I assume you are just using a single pair of adapters. One on the home hub, and one at the YouView box?

I wonder if there is a compatibility issue with the flex 500 adapters, as BT seem to supply different ones with the YouView box now?

I will ask one of the moderators to speak to one of the TV experts, to see if there is an issue with the multicast channels over the flex 500 adapters.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

I thought the cable they supplied was either 15 or 30 metres?

I wonder which ones @tramdev had, before they were replaced?

I assume you are just using a single pair of adapters. One on the home hub, and one at the YouView box?

I wonder if there is a compatibility issue with the flex 500 adapters, as BT seem to supply different ones with the YouView box now?

I will ask one of the moderators to speak to one of the TV experts, to see if there is an issue with the multicast channels over the flex 500 adapters.

Thank you. I've just spoken to BT and they said they would have to do a whole load of tests with me online this evening. And there's no guarantee that they wont just say that the powerline adaptors aren't supported anyway. So I kind of don't see the point as no doubt the error wont occur when I'm on the phone to them. Tempted to just replace the adaptors myself but hesitant about wasting money if it doesn't fix anything...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 29

This is interesting.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42931/~/what-if-my-tv-box-is-a-long-way-from-my-home-...

Use the Broadband Extenders or Powerline Adapters, which send your broadband signal through your home electrical wiring. You can buy Powerline Adapters at www.shop.bt.com. Bear in mind that BT Sport and other subscription channels may not work with Powerline Adapters.

I wonder, if you asked really nicely, they would send a couple of the ones they supply, (for a small charge), as part of a new BT YouView order? I seem to think they were the BT Mini connectors.

The BT Mini Connectors work with speeds of up to 1GB and can even be used with our Ultra HD. This makes it easy for you to self install BT TV Ultra HD without an engineer visit.

It would be a nice gesture on the part of BT, as you have paid for the extra channels.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

Unfortunately they want me to sit through, no doubt hours of tests. Last thing I feel like when I finally get some time to myself in the evening 😞

If they find a fault they said they might give me some new ones for free but of course they wont find a 'fault'.. they will probably just recommend I don't use adaptors

I know I sound very defeatist - but a year or 2 ago I had ongoing problems with players such as Iplayer not working properly and constantly buffering. Couldn't watch any movies or catch up TV.  I endured repeated phonecalls, hours on end of rebooting everything over and over again every time I called, and an engineer visit where he blamed the location of the hub and the fact that I used powerline adaptors.

Was unbelievably stressful.

..... Before one lovely guy in Glasgow called me back and said he was going to send me a Youview box (I had an older box) and that fixed the problem straight away.

0 Ratings
tramdev
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 29

I had two types one was the 500 Flex Kit which was sent due to problems with earlier type but had exacly the same problem. I now have the BT mini connector kit which has worked perfectly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 29

@tramdev

It looks like only the Mini connectors are recommended.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

Hi, sorry I haven't posted any updates. Nothing worse than people who use forums for their problems and then never come back to update!
I never got round to calling BT to do diagnostics due to not wanting to spend my time on phone at 9pm doing hardware resets. I thought I would save it until time off over Xmas break. However on Xmas Eve my box permanently lost connection with hub and we realised extender had failed. All lights off, burning hot and burning smell. BT replacing, waiting for new extender, let's hope that was the cause...?
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Further update. New extenders received from BT and we were sent the mini connectors. Have had Eurosport on all morning and no problems whatsoever. Guess will never know if it was a dodgy extender (which eventually packed in) or the fact that the old style ones just weren't up to the job with the faster speeds ...
0 Ratings