cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacknatives
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Intermittent IPC 6023 Error on Internet Channels

Ever since i've renewed my BT TV package i've been having the same problem: IPC 6023 error code on the internet channels. Have had 4 separate engineer visits who have verified that there are no issues with my setup / equipment.

- Have replaced router with new Home Hub 5.

- Have tried swapping the YouView box itself with a brand new one an engineer has brought with them

- Have done a factory reset on the box multiple times which sometimes brings back the internet channels for a short time before the error code re-appears.

- Have gone direct from router to YouView box with ethernet cable 

- Have checked download speed at the box and it's around 63mb so easily fast enough.

- Have been told by BT that they've checked a problem at the exchange multiple times and that it's been fixed at their end.

- Have tried turning off all other devices connected to the router.

None of this has worked and to be honest i'm pulling my hair out. I've had over 30 phone calls with the frankly useless "technical support". My suspician (and that of one of the engineers who visited) is that when my package was renewed someone made an error on the admin side as it seems remarkably co-incidental that the problem began once I renewed (had worked flawlessly the previous 12 months). BT deny that their is any issue with my account.

Any ideas? I remember looking on this forum before and an ex engineer (I think his name was Steve) seemed to provide more help than anyone from BT so i'm hoping he sees this and can offer some insight!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Intermittent IPC 6023 Error on Internet Channels

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
jacknatives
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Keith, hope they can help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi jacknatives,

Welcome to the community forum. I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your BT TV service. I'll be able to get this investigated. Send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings