cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Captain_worm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Intermittent IPC-6023 error

Just received my new BT TV box and I am desperate to like it so I can replace sky, however tonight I have tried to watch a BT streaming channel have have received the dredded 6023 error after a few minutes of watching. Changing channels does make it go away, but it comes back after 5 - 10 mins.

I’m getting about 42mg down and have my BT TV plugged directly into the router. I am using a netgear orbi with latest firmware and BT IGMP enabled.

Everything else is working fine.

Please help! Else I might end up keeping sky...
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Intermittent IPC-6023 error

Disconnect the Netgear Orbi, and only connect the BT YouView box to the BT Home hub, and see if the problem goes away.

0 Ratings
Captain_worm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Annoyingly it seems to sort the issue, although I’ve not stress tested it yet so I will reserve judgement.

If that is the case, it is really inconvenient as running my orbi in AP mode means I cannot use circle parental controls. I know that the BT hub has got basic on / off schedule but it is rubbish compared to circle where I can monitor and control precisely what my children can see / do.

That and the fact that I can’t get the BT TV remote to sync with my TV is leading me to believe I should just stick with SKY and strike this as a bad experience.

It’s a massive shame as BT TV and you view has massive potential, especially with the fact that you can combine content from multiple services - something SKY can’t do - but everything else about the experience is lack lustre and leaves you wanting more.

If anyone has got any great suggestions - or have even got their orbi working reliably with BT TV - please let me know, I’m desperate to make this work!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Thie issue would be that the Orbi is interfering with the multicast stream from the home hub.

If the Orbi has an IGMP snoooping option, the  enable it, and that should prevent it from interfering.

I assume the Orbi connects to one port of the BT Home hub, and BT YouView connects to another port?

0 Ratings
Captain_worm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

On the Orbi - "Disable IGMP Proxying" is not ticked and "Support British Telecom IGMP Proxying". is ticked.

Orbi is running latest firmware.

Multi casting does work, it just fails after about 5 - 10 mins

I’m now using the Orbi in AP mode with both the BT TV and Orbi plugged into the SH6.
0 Ratings
Captain_worm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

By the way, when using the Orbi on its own in router mode I am using the standard BT open reach modem which gives really great stable internet connection
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@Captain_worm wrote:
By the way, when using the Orbi on its own in router mode I am using the standard BT open reach modem which gives really great stable internet connection

If you are connecting the YouView box to Orbi, it very unlikely it has the bandwidth available to maintain a consistent video stream over its wireless mesh system. I don`t think the BT Whole Home  system works either.

Using it in AP mode with the home hub, it should be possible to implement parental controls, similar to what the BT Whole Home system has.

0 Ratings