Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveH76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Intermittent connection UltraHD YouView and Home Hub 5

Go to solution
Hi - had my BT kit installed last Wednesday 4th Jan and I have been having an intermittent issue with the connection between the Humax TV box and the hub. In a nutshell, the hub is not recognising the TV box being connected to it even though the box is showing connected to the hub and, therefore, the internet. This means I can't watch any of the Internet-streamed channels. I get the error messages YVM102, IPC6011 and IPC6023 (but not all at the same time).
I have logged on to the Home Hub from my smartphone to see what is connected to it when the TV fails and it isn't picking up anything connected via Ethernet. I then check to make sure the TV is connected which it is.
My quick-fix is to re-start the Hub, and when I do it then recognises the Humax TV box connected via Ethernet and I have all Internet-streamed channels again. Today I purposely watched NatGeo to see how long it lasted. After about an hour the picture went all 'blocky' then black screen. I checked what was connected to the Hub again and the Hub didn't recognise anything connected via Ethernet again.
I have reset the Humax TV box to factory settings and also tried connecting the TV box to the Hub manually when I have no streamed channels but the issue still persists.
All Internet-enabled devices are working fine on the Internet but the box issue is a pain.
I am using a straight Ethernet connection between the Hub and TV box and have tried another Ethernet cable but the issue still persists.
Anyone have any other suggestions please? i am undecided if it's a Hub problem or a YouView box issue.
Thanks.
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Intermittent connection UltraHD YouView and Home Hub 5

Go to solution

Hi @DaveH76

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry that you're having intermittent problems between your Youview box and your BT Home Hub.  Can you send us over your details so that we can look into this and give you a hand from here?

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

If you can repeat that test - when you log into the Hub, go to 'Troubleshooting' and then 'Event Log' - select Category 'All' from the 'Drop Down' menu and copy out the last few minutes worth of entries ... You can then paste them here for further analysis ...

0 Ratings
DaveH76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for the responses guys. Since I posted I have called the helpdesk. The guy I spoke to said there is a fault in the network but I am not convinced. As part of my diagnostics I plugged the Ethernet cable is use for the Humax box into my Sony TV and monitored it on the hub connected devices. The connection remained no problems, disconnected when I turned my TV off and reconnected when I turned it on again. I had no issues streaming any content from the on demand players to my TV. 

Also, this morning when I turned the Himax box on all I got was a black screen. The AV channels on my TV automatically chooses the correct HDMI input channel when the box was turned on, so the box is putting out the signal to the TV but not putting the picture on the screen. The more I check and think about it the more I am convinced the Humax Youview box is faulty. The helpdesk guy seemed reluctant to replace my box so looks as though I will have to go through the motions. 

@RobbieMac - I will send you my details. I have a resolution date of tomorrow (Friday 15th Jan) but I will mail you anyway. 

0 Ratings
DaveH76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
It appears my Humax YouView box has failed now. I have the purple stand-by light on the box, and when I turn it on I get the blue bar but nothing happens. All I get is a black screen. I have tried turning the box off for 30 seconds and back on again at the switch on the back but to no avail. No matter what button I press on the remote control, nothing happens.
Am I right in thinking the Humax YouView box has failed totally now? The box has just been an ornament in my living room since I had it installed 9 days ago!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Is your TV a 4K Ultra HD TV ?

Also can you recall which value you had the HDMI Display Setting set to ?

0 Ratings
DaveH76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
Hi - my TV isn't a 4K TV, but this wasn't an issue when I first had the box installed. I could still watch all Freeview channels fine, it was just the fact that the connection to the hub was dropping out all if the time meaning I couldn't watch any streamed channels and catch-up TV. Now it won't put any image on the screen.
No idea what the HDMI display settings were - can't even recall how I would have found them and adjusted it to be honest!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

The black  screen is possibly due to you having your Youview box with an Uhd Hdmi display setting linking to a non Uhd TV. You mention doing a factory reset so the box will have been reset at that point to its original  hdmi display setting .. probably one of the 2  Uhd hdmi display settings.  When using with a non Uhd Tv the hdmi display setting  would need to be set to 720p 1080i or1080p. 

You can check whether this is the case

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-change-the-resolution-output-on-my-You...

gives guidance how to change the resolution to 720p using the remote control which will be necessary if you cannot see any display on your TV screen. 

Whilst the above would explain the black screen it does not explain your original problem with intermittent connection.

If you reset your resolution to one that your TV can handle you should at least have the screen display back .

p

0 Ratings
DaveH76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
Thanks for your help @zulu17, however I did the factory reset last Monday and it still worked after. The box isn't putting anything on the screen at all, no menus, no guide, nothing. Also, with the lost internet connection I couldnt access any help menus when the box was working ok.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

The lack of display is consistent with an incompatible HDMI setting between the box and the TVs.

0 Ratings