cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidC
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Intermittent sound problem

I have a BT YouView+  box (which is the Humax DTR-T2110 box) which has recently been changed as my old box kept freezing.

Since then I've had a problem with the sound. Everything works OK for a while on SD but, when I select one of the HD channels, the sound completely cuts out and I can't get it back without re-starting the box.

Does anyone know what might cause this and if there is any way to restore the sound without rebooting (this is inconvenient if we are trying to watch something as it takes quite a while for the box to restart!)

This has only happened tghree or four times so far and I'm not sure if switching to a particular channel causes it. Last night I switched to BBC1 HD when it happened. Turning the box off and on again with the remote makes no difference - still no sound at all.

Any suggestions please?

DavidC

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Intermittent sound problem

I have this issue, remove the HDMI cable from the box for a few seconds, it should be okay when you re-insert it.
0 Ratings
Dave93
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

I have had this problem exactly, but only once so far. T2110 box came out of standby and was OK on BBC1 SD, I changed to News 24 HD and no sound at all but picture was OK. I tried putting the box in and out of standby, and took both ends of the HDMI lead out and in, but still no sound. A power re-set brought everything back. I haven't checked the software level but normally keep it to the latest version.

0 Ratings
DavidC
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I'll give it a try next time it happens. Thanks for the suggestion.
0 Ratings
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

I have the same problem with me it's when i go to another channel from a HD channel,in my case BBC news

I also have to restart the box to get the sound back it's only been happening the last few weeks.

0 Ratings
DavidC
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I know this was a couple of years ago but I still have the same problem - I've just avoided using the HD channels for a while.

The problem is exactly the same. I select a HD channel and sometimes the sound completely cuts out and I need to restart the box to get it back. When the sound has cut out it affects every channel on the youview box - not just the HD channels! Fortunately I am able to use the built-in tuner on the TV while the box is restarting (as it sometimes happens when the current Mrs is trying to watch something or other).

Coupled with the error messages frquently appearing on mm extra BT channels (Internet channels) I must admit that some of the sky offers are starting to look attractive.

Does anyone have any further suggestions or fixes for this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Have you been using Fast Forward or Rewind on an internet channel recording? This is a known problem. Workaround is to use Skip instead.
0 Ratings
DavidC
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

No. I'm usually just grateful to get all the way through a program without tempting fate!!

0 Ratings