Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 32

Introducing BritBox on BT

Go to solution

What is BritBox?

It’s your next must-have streaming service, showcasing the biggest box of British boxsets.  BritBox has something for everyone: from costume and comedy to drama and detectives, facts and film from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5.   Enjoy classics, award winners and brand new content too. All in one place, ad-free and with no contract.

800x800_EESocial_June2020.png

BritBox for six months. Our treat

BT has an incredible offer available to BT customers 😁  There’s never been a better time to sign up for BritBox. If you use our broadband or BT TV, the next six months are on us.

That’s six months of award-winning drama, comedy and film from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5, completely ad-free.

It’s easy to browse and play BritBox content on your telly using your BT TV set-top box. Or download the BritBox app and stream shows on your mobile or tablet.

We’ll let you know when these six months are coming to an end. If you choose to continue watching, £5.99 will be added to your BT bill each month. You can cancel your subscription anytime through your account on My BT.

Already have BritBox?

If you are already subscribed to BritBox? This offer’s for you too. But if you signed up through iTunes, you should cancel your subscription with them to avoid any risk of being charged twice.

Already using a BritBoxoffer? We recommend waiting until your current offer ends before signing up with BT

Find out more from this link, BritBox is now on BT 

31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 32

Re: Introducing BritBox on BT

Go to solution

It's so easy to change your billing from Britbox to BT. From My BT--Your Products--TV and sport you can add Britbox as an addon. If you have a current Britbox sub, as I do, it is simply then a matter of changing your payments from Britbox to BT via the Britbox landing page. Simples!!!!!

gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 32

Go to solution
Either seen it already, can see it on iPlayer etc or not fussed about not seeing it. Nothing for me here.
0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 4 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous , can I presume you are on the new Now TV Packages? When I follow your instructions, it just takes me down the “upgrade your package” route!

edit: no I take that back. It is on a tile as an option, right at the end in my case.

Stew

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 32

Go to solution

@StewMwrote:

Hi @Anonymous , can I presume you are on the new Now TV Packages? When I follow your instructions, it just takes me down the “upgrade your package” route!

edit: no I take that back. It is on a tile as an option, right at the end in my case.

Stew

I only have BT Sport (HD/HDR) at the moment BUT I did change to the newer NowTV packages from Max HD when they were introduced. 

I should have mentioned it was on a tile below your main package listing. 

The good thing for me is I'm still able to use Britbox via the app on an ATV 4K as I don't use any of the apps on the BT box (or on Sky Q for that matter). 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 32

Go to solution

@gomezzwrote:
Either seen it already, can see it on iPlayer etc or not fussed about not seeing it. Nothing for me here.

I haven't watched as much on it as say Netflix or Prime etc but I make enough use of it to justify paying for it, and even more justified now to be getting it for nowt for 6 months 😀

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 7 of 32

Go to solution

@Anonymouswrote:

@StewMwrote:

Stew

I only have BT Sport (HD/HDR) at the moment BUT I did change to the newer NowTV packages from Max HD when they were introduced. 

I should have mentioned it was on a tile below your main package listing. 

The good thing for me is I'm still able to use Britbox via the app on an ATV 4K as I don't use any of the apps on the BT box (or on Sky Q for that matter). 

After taking the BT offer, I have just activated on my BT Box, Samsung TV, IPad and Samsung Mobile.

I will have a look around and see if there is anything I want to watch and as it’s free until April 2021.

Stew

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 8 of 32

Go to solution

@SeanD- I currently have a direct Britbox subscription and my subscription currently renews in Jan 2021.

If I enable the BT option does that run as 6 months from today or 6 months from Jan 2021?

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 32

Go to solution

@ozsat wrote:

@SeanD- I currently have a direct Britbox subscription and my subscription currently renews in Jan 2021.

If I enable the BT option does that run as 6 months from today or 6 months from Jan 2021?

Hey @ozsat,

Thanks for the reply, great question.  If you sign up with BT now, the new subscription will replace your existing subscription.  If you have an existing subscription with iTunes or EE then we recommend you contact them directly to cancel.

If you are currently availing of a free trial of Britbox then we would recommend waiting until that ends before taking up the offer from BT. 

I hope this helps

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 10 of 32

Go to solution

@SeanD Hi - it isn't either of those.

I have a direct subscription with Britbox and the current subscription period was a three month payment which runs to Jan 2021.

So I take it it will cancel that and start as new?

It may be irrelivant as my tv part of BT has had nearly a 30% increase as of 1st November - and my contract ends in December anyway.

@SeanDwrote:

@ozsatwrote:

Hey @ozsat,

Thanks for the reply, great question.  If you sign up with BT now, the new subscription will replace your existing subscription.  If you have an existing subscription with iTunes or EE then we recommend you contact them directly to cancel.

If you are currently availing of a free trial of Britbox then we would recommend waiting until that ends before taking up the offer from BT. 

I hope this helps

Cheers

Sean

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings