Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 32

Re: Introducing BritBox on BT

Go to solution

@ozsat 

When I clicked on the offer this morning my direct Britbox subscription, which would have renewed on the 25th of this month, ended immediately. My BT Britbox sub began immediately from today's date. My confirmation email from BT shows my 1st payment, unless cancelled, will be taken on the 6th of April next year (6 months from today). I also received a "hope to see you back soon" email from Britbox followed by confirmation from them of my signing up through BT. The 2nd email was titled 'you've changed your Britbox subscription'.

From that, and only an assumption on my part, the same would happen in your case if you were to sign up directly today via BT.

cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous , have you tried using it on the BT box yet? Also signed up this morning and after the initial splash page get the message “can’t play video. unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later”. It must be a BT issue as it plays ok using a Firestick 4K.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @cooperman 

I've tested the app on my T4000 and everything is working as it should.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 32

Go to solution

Thanks @Anonymous  will leave it a while and see if it rights itself. It could be a sign in problem between BT and Britbox, I had a similar problem with the Now TVapp recently.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 32

Go to solution

You're welcome @cooperman 

Hopefully you get it sorted. Navigation is fairly quick on the box 😀

cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 32

Go to solution

Despite checking for software updates, and none showing, I did a maintenance mode reset and this cured the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 32

Go to solution

@coopermanwrote:

Despite checking for software updates, and none showing, I did a maintenance mode reset and this cured the problem.

Good to know for future reference @cooperman 

Glad you got it sorted in the end. Enjoy 😀

0 Ratings
duncansby
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 32

Go to solution
Thank you - took a trial out when it first started then cancelled. Saw this post added Britbox throughMy Bt> my TV, clicked on Britbox, signed in 6 months free!!
0 Ratings
spec_d
Contributor
Message 19 of 32

Go to solution

Is the 6 month offer time limited? it says nothing in the email received this week nor when I click through to the activation link. Judging by online reviews there are a few issues  😵 so I'd rather wait and use the offer when it is more stable.

0 Ratings
Raeburn_28
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 32

Go to solution

Frustrating that this seems to be an easy option for most people.  I like a number of others see a red banner pop up on screen despite having broadband and being the Account Holder. Which tells us you are not eligible for this offer and need to have broadband or be the Account Holder.

So far BT have been unable to provide a solution.

0 Ratings