Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 11 of 299

Re: Introducing Entertainment Ultra HD, including BT Sport Ultra HD

@zarf2007 wrote:

the part about it being directly connected, is it the case that it has not been tested and/or is not supported with powerline adaptors? or do they definitely not work?

It's a case that we do not support a connection via powerline adaptors, so we can only advise on hard-wired connections. 

also, is there a way to order this online, i hate dealing with customer service people on the phone.

At the moment, you can only order this over the phone. This may change in the future, but we don't have information on when this might happen.

thanks

Hi @zarf2007

See my replies in bold blue above. 

@magpie03 wrote:
Would the £500 voucher come through with the order or would there be a waiting period for that?

@magpie03, what @ScottSilver said 🙂 You will receive an email within 1 working day with information about the voucher.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 12 of 299

0 Ratings
Highlighted
saintmatt
Contributor
Message 13 of 299

I think I might be getting a raw deal. I've literally just signed up for BT TV after some time away (it was activated on Wednesday), and I'm paying £10 for Entertainment Plus, plus £3 for the Kids package, plus £4 for HD totalling £17!!!

This new package has all of this, plus Ultra HD for £2 less per month!

Is there any way I can switch to this new package or am I stuck paying more for less?

0 Ratings
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 14 of 299

Nice image of the new box:

Untitled.png

0 Ratings
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 15 of 299

0 Ratings
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 16 of 299

Found this Zarf...

"The package will be available to buy online from July 24, or call us on 0800 917 7614 from today to find out more."

Mentioned at http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/news/bt-sport-launches-ultra-hd-package-S11363991113985

0 Ratings
Husnu1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 299

Hi,

I just had a chat with someone at your sales department and I was about to order Entertainment Plus Package with HD Extra and Kids TV for £17 but then I decided to order Ultra HD Package for £15 which has everything I wanted plus 47 premium channels instead of 25 on Entertainment Plus.

But she told me that because I don't have 4K TV it wouldn't work. I have a recent Sony Bravia HD TV. I then asked her to ask an engineer or someone from your technical department because as far as I know you can still use 4K on an HD TV but you will only see it in HD and not 4K.

She kept insisting that the new box will not work on HD TVs and that I will be waisting £44 on the Engineer Installation.

Can you please look into this for me please as I am sure that there are many people who want this but don't own a Ultra 4K TV.

0 Ratings
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 18 of 299

Husnu1, I've just read a little bit of the new user guide on my lunch break (sad I know) but you can use the new box on non-ultra HD TVs. You set the HDMI resolution to HD in the setings (720p, 1080i etc depending on your HD TV). BUT the Ultra HD channels wont work without a UHD/4K TV.

0 Ratings
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 299

thanks. the LG 40UF770V is already on amazon for £679, which is what the voucher would discount to so not much of a bargain on that one.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 20 of 299

4k channels won't work on a HD tv
0 Ratings