cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Arsenal90
Contributor
Message 171 of 299

Re: Introducing Entertainment Ultra HD, including BT Sport Ultra HD

Will try and get the packagr added today so it runs out in August hopefully. I'll see what they charge me for cancellation 2 months early as well as if that somehow works out less than £120 ill go with that option
0 Ratings
1soupdragon
Message 172 of 299

How long does it take for the 'up to £500 off' voucher to be emailed?

I've booked the engineer for Fri 31st...if I don't have a 4k tv by then, will he refuse to install or will he hook it up to an existing tv?

0 Ratings
Dan_Arsenal90
Contributor
Message 173 of 299

Sorted it. Getting the Infinity 2 installed this week and having the ordee for the UHD put through later this month meaning the 12 month contract will end in July which is perfect.

Also got refunded £35 for the activation fee as there's no need for it as im upgrading
0 Ratings
zAndy1
Contributor
Message 174 of 299

hmmmm ok I'm slightly confused now...when I placed my Ultra HD order I was offered an installation date from I think it was the 11th August onwards, I chose the 15th (Sat) so I could be at home. I've now had an email saying some of the dates on my order are changing :-

Your broadband start date is changing from 15-Aug-2015 to 17-Aug-2015.

Your BT Vision start date is changing from 15-Aug-2015 to 17-Aug-2015.

Your phone service start date is changing from 15-Aug-2015 to 17-Aug-2015

The equipment (router presumably) delivery is still showing as the 14th August and my Home Install date is still showing as the 15th August , now obviously the engineer is going to have a job installing my Ultra HD box on the 15th if my phone and broadband etc isn't being activated until the 17th...anyone else been here before, I'm guessing I need to ring BT and see what's going on and if the engineer visit date needs to be changed presumably to no earlier than the 18th if my broadband could be activated anytime up to midnight on the 17th....

0 Ratings
EgreBot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 175 of 299

Sorry if this has already been confirmed, there is a lot of information in this thread 🙂

If you upgrade to the G5 box, do you get to keep your G4 box?
0 Ratings
Dan_Arsenal90
Contributor
Message 176 of 299

I asked that exact question about the box on the phone. He said you should send it back but hesitated. I'd just keep it as there's nothing suggesting otherwise
Highlighted
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 177 of 299

I've been told you can keep it. The bags sent and the letters/e-mails received are to encourage you to recycle the box with BT (instead of throwing it away).

Dan_Arsenal90
Contributor
Message 178 of 299

Could someone who has UHD installed tell me if there's any content on demand? Haven't heard much about what people think about it yet.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 179 of 299

@1soupdragon wrote:

How long does it take for the 'up to £500 off' voucher to be emailed?

I've booked the engineer for Fri 31st...if I don't have a 4k tv by then, will he refuse to install or will he hook it up to an existing tv?

My voucher was emailed 3 days after placing order but the deals, even after the voucher, are not particulary generous. You can probably do better on the high street in the usual shops - some of which will give you a 5 year warranty.

Take a look at: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53987/~/tv-discount-voucher-with-bt-ultra-hd

Of course the engineer installer can't refuse to hook it up to a non 4K TV. The box can be set to output:

720p, 1080i, 1080p, UHD 50fps 8bit, UHD 50fps, 10 bit - depending on what your TV can support.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 180 of 299

Yes there is a looping demo on the BT Sport Ultra HD channel and then on the BT player there is content under BT Sport in Ultra HD.

0 Ratings