cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Arsenal90
Contributor
Message 181 of 299

Re: Introducing Entertainment Ultra HD, including BT Sport Ultra HD

The price of a 40" 4K LG tv on BT's store was the same as a 49" LG 4K tv in some shops.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 182 of 299

@EgreBot wrote:
Sorry if this has already been confirmed, there is a lot of information in this thread 🙂

If you upgrade to the G5 box, do you get to keep your G4 box?

One thing that is definite is if you have had your previous YouView+ box for at least a 12 month BT TV contract the box is yours to keep.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
EgreBot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 183 of 299

I've not had it 12 months, I may call them and ask about keeping and having the fee waived as we've just received the email allowing us to leave.

I'll get a few quotes from sky and other providers so I've got some bargaining power 🙂
0 Ratings
JeffBell
Beginner
Message 184 of 299

I am paying for Infinity 2 but when I do the speed test I am getting a download speed of only 17 with a max possible of 60. When I first got Infinity2 last year I tested the speed and it was regularly 35 to 40. I wonder why the reduction, why I'm paying for Infinity2 but getting Infinity 1 speeds and finally I went half way through ordering the Ultra TV package (I'm presently with Sky) with BT's process saying 'Good News you can get Ultra' but can I at 17?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
zAndy1
Contributor
Message 185 of 299

So I could do with contacting BT about the activation date changing on my order from the 15th to the 17th but my engineer install appt date still showing as the 15th but I'm nervous about ringing them sure to this in the terms and conditions for the quidco cashback :-
If a new order number is issued or if it is necessary to contact BT Broadband about this or for any other reason, cashback may be declined or fail to track', with £170 cashback riding on it I think I might just wait and see what transpires....
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 186 of 299

Hi Guys,

I would like to clarify what happens with your current YouView box if you have chosen to order the new Ultra HD YouView box.

I am happy to confirm that you are able to keep your existing box if you have upgraded to the new Ultra HD box.  This is irrespective of whether you are currently in contract or not.  If you are not going to use the box and would like it recycled, please send it back to BT.  We provided you with a returns pack so that you can send your old box back to BT for free, this was included in the delivery of the new Ultra HD box, however this is your choice.

Cheers

Sean

Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 187 of 299

Good and unexpected news! Thanks for the clarification.

Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
cf2008
Beginner
Message 188 of 299

Got box installed today. All working well.

Now only problem was when he arrived he checked my router, which I'm using Asus router that's better than the Homehub. I told him I binned the H Hub. He said he would have to check with manager if it was OK to install without.
He asked why I changed it and I explained it was H Hub 3 I replaced as it was **bleep**. He then said, oh I can give you a home hub 5 then.

My question is now that he is gone can I replace the home hub with my Asus router? He said the you view box will only work with home hub.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 189 of 299

@cf2008 wrote:
Got box installed today. All working well.

Now only problem was when he arrived he checked my router, which I'm using Asus router that's better than the Homehub. I told him I binned the H Hub. He said he would have to check with manager if it was OK to install without.
He asked why I changed it and I explained it was H Hub 3 I replaced as it was **bleep**. He then said, oh I can give you a home hub 5 then.

My question is now that he is gone can I replace the home hub with my Asus router? He said the you view box will only work with home hub.

You can't expect the installer to know about all different routers and which ones will / won't work.

Anyway if you don't want that HomeHub5 I'll be happy to take it off your hands! 🙂

0 Ratings
cf2008
Beginner
Message 190 of 299

I did not expect him to know. He said you view will only pair with home hub. But he sounded like he had to say that. Anyone using G5 with anything other than home hub.

You can take it, home hub **bleep**, I prefer to be able to set a vpn on router level so everything in house can connect to USA for Netflix and NBC soccer.
0 Ratings