cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Is it possible to record BT Sport other than Sky+? Would Youview Box connected to non BT broadband?

Hi All

I've a BT sport subscription, currently able to watch and record on Sky+ box.

I'm moving out of home for a few months, with no Sky+, broadband provider is SSE.

Wondered if it's possible somehow to still have the option to record the BT Sport channel?

If I bought a Youview box, linked to broadband - would this allow recording of my BT Sport subscription?

Or would it just allow watching of BT Sport?

I understand you can get apps for say Xbox to watch BT Sports, but not sure if that allows recording?

Main reason is so I can record UFC matches - they're typically on way too early in the morning for me 🙂

Thanks for any help! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is it possible to record BT Sport other than Sky+? Would Youview Box connected to non BT broa...

Hi @MCLancs,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. The only way to record BT Sport would be on your Sky+ box but I understand that this isn't available at your new address.

To be able to record BT Sport through a BT TV youview box you would need BT Broadband and an active BT TV service.

I'm UFC fan myself and I find the best was to watch it if I'm not staying up for the live event is through the BT Sport OnDemand through the BT Sport App or online Player.

Thanks

PaddyB 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: Is it possible to record BT Sport other than Sky+? Would Youview Box connected to non BT broadba

Hi @MCLancs 

No is the short answer. For a Youview Box to receive subscription channels it needs to be connected to home broadband that has an active BT subscription. I think that you also have to have BT Broadband in order to have a BT TV subscription through a Youview Box.

You're best bet is to invest in a loud alarm clock 😀

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Re: Is it possible to record BT Sport other than Sky+? Would Youview Box connected to non BT broa...

Hi @PaddyB
So if I bought a Youview box, sounds like it would only be any use as a general PVR - recording whatever is available on Freeview channels.
Shame, especially as I pay a decent price for access to BT Sport.
Will look into the OnDemand, but I thought it wasnt always available immediately the day after the fights?
Looks like I'm going to miss the McGregor vs Cowboy this weekend 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi @MCLancs,

You can get the fight through the BT Sport Box online or App service. The fight will be available through that OnDemand for 7 days after the fight.

From more information take a look at https://www.bt.com/sport/box-office#waystobuy

I hope that helps.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings