cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 14

Re: Is it possible to use my own youview box when I order TV?

I'm just interested as to why you beileve the hUMAX dtr2000 is a slow box as from what i've read  on the Youview community and from reviews that box is a reasonably responsive box.

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 14

@zulu17 wrote:

I'm just interested as to why you beileve the hUMAX dtr2000 is a slow box as from what i've read  on the Youview community and from reviews that box is a reasonably responsive box.

So you have no experience of both boxes but decided to challenge other posters' statements and opinions anyway?

I'd appreciate if you find someone else to be on the receiving end of your antics. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 14

Well this thread suggests that thev T2000 (retail) would be a similar performance level to the BT T2100/BT2110 boxes which are the standard  (non 4K) boxes that BT currently use.

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/what-is-the-difference-between-humax-dtr-t200-box-and-t...

and Keith (Youview champion)  post

Keith, Champion

• 62,536 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Having very similar model numbers for similar boxes does seem to leave plenty of room for confusion.

My understanding is that formally the 3 models are:
  • T2100 - supplied to BT contract customers (also known as the G4)
  • T2110 - sold retail but otherwise the same as the BT customer T2100 box
  • T2000 - pure retail box that is physically larger than the T2100/T2110 but broadly the same spec/performance
0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 14 of 14

Just to update we are now BT TV customers. We ordered starter pack and activated it on the dtr2000. My husband decided not long after he wants some channels and decided to order entertainment max he also decided to put the starter box into service as we did pay for it. So we ended up with entertainment max plus music and a extra box.
0 Ratings