Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghinzani1
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Is my BT Youview box too old to run the Britbox app

Go to solution

I use my old BT box as a Freeview recorder but would  like  to run the Britbox app I have on my newer box on it, however Ive updated software to latest version and asked it to update Apps and it tells me I am completely up to date but no Britbox. The old ones equivalent to a Humax DTR T1000 by the looks of the pictures on the Youview support page.  I have even switched it back to being my main BT box and got all the streaming BT channels back. Is there a backwards compatibility thing that stops the older box getting Britbox? All  the other players/apps are on their.

I know Britbox is pretty sh1te, they dont have an App for my Roku stick either,  which seems madness in this day and age.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NigelB72
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is my BT Youview box too old to run the Britbox app

Go to solution

@ghinzani1 I'm sure I read somewhere that the old boxes aren't compatible with Britbox. If you have an active BT TV subscription, call BT and they should send you a newer one

0 Ratings
ghinzani1
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks @NigelB72 , yes I could go down that route just wanted to reuse an old box but could ask to upgrade my main one and use that,its the much smaller type and has Britbox on it. Just seems strange the BB app wont run on the older box, has the backwards compatibility changed or are they just that underfunded/lazy they wont port backwards?

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@ghinzani1 the older Youview boxes are not capable of running certain apps due to the age of the hardware... That's why they were phased out... 

ghinzani1
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

oh well recordable freeview box for the garage it is! Thanks @NigelB72 as always.