cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Is there anyway of watching BT on a wall mounted tv without a (HDMI) cable from the Bt box?

Newly renovated house and looking at installing a new wall mounted TV (on a bracket) what we dont want is a black wire running up a wall from a BT box at low level to the TV

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Is there anyway of watching BT on a wall mounted tv without a (HDMI) cable from the Bt box?

Usual method is to either bury the cable in a channel in the plaster or fit a slim trunking that can be painted the same colour as the wall. Or if you can live without recording the TV may have apps to watch the content directly.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: Is there anyway of watching BT on a wall mounted tv without a (HDMI) cable from the Bt box?

You can buy HDMI Video Senders from external sources. I don't know if this method would work with HDCP copy protection though. HDCP is built in to HDMI cables to stop perfect copying but could also restrict wireless transmission but I'm sure of dig through the technical specs for the senders, you'll find your answer. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

If it were me that were that obsessive I would construct a false wall with space behind to hide all the cabling.

But I would never wall mount a TV anyway as it puts it too high up leading to a cricked neck when watching from the comfort of the captain's chair.

Message 5 of 13

@gomezz I'd never wall mount one either but for an entirely different reason but I won't say why 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

If it's a Smart TV with built-in wi-fi why not just install the apps?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

This was a great idea but then i did a bit more reading and tried to find the app

unfortunately its an LG tv...not supported by the app..

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Then look at a Now/Amazon/Roku HDMI stick.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Then download the app to the stick?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Then hang a cover round the stick matching the curtain material or wallpaper or maybe in the shape of a flying duck. 😄
0 Ratings