Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cathrynm
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Issues connecting you view box to the internet

Hi All,

We seem to have an issue with the connection of our you view box to our broadband. It is connected via an ethernet wire. When we try to access the 'players and apps' section to watch the iplayer a 'YVM102' error comes up. We have unplugged our enthernet wire and reconnected it and still having the same issue.

We are able to connect to the internet via our lap tops and phones so this is not an issue, and I did the internet speed check and the connection was absolutely fine and said we should be able to watch tv via our you view box.

We have reset our youview box by turning it off and holding down the 'down' button and and resetting back to default settings and it still isnt connecting.

We have a BT engineer coming in 2 weeks, so any advice in the meantime would be handy to see if we can fix this issue in the mean time! 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Issues connecting you view box to the internet

Reset the BT Home hub to factory default, then try again.

0 Ratings
cathrynm
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

Resetted back to factory settings (deleting all recordings) and it still isn't working?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

I believe Keith recommended the Home Hub being reset to factory settings.. Your post suggests you have reset the Youview box.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

See

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/~/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-setti...

The home hub can forget what its supposed to be connecting to, as its internal software table within its configuration, gets full. Only a factory reset of the home hub will fix this.

0 Ratings
cathrynm
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Hi,

I just reset the hub and it still isnt working but I can still connect to the internet through my laptop and mobile phone?!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Have you checked the Ethernet cable between the home hub and the YouView box? The thin 30 metre Ethernet cable that comes with it, is easily damaged. Also check the Ethernet plugs are clicked into place, and the retaining clip is not broken.

Try a different Ethernet cable, and a different Ethernet port on the home hub. I cannot remember, but I think there is a network LED on the back of the YouView box, which may give you some idea of what is going on.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 8 of 12

Hi cathrynm,

What TV Box and Home Hub do you have?

Has it ever worked or is this a new issue?

Lauren 

0 Ratings
cathrynm
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Hi,

This is a new issue, but we have never had this problem before... we have had the box coming up for 2 years and no problems until now! 

We brought a new ethernet wire thinking this might be the issue, but still not working even with a brand new wire! We have ensured it is clicked in both ends! 

We have Home Hub 4 and we have the youview + box (not the ultra HD version)

Its super frustrating... and it seems ridiculous to have an engineer come around and warrant a day off of work which is why I am doing my best to solve it now before hand! 

0 Ratings
cathrynm
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Brand new wire is in and clip is not broken! 

We have tried a different port... and still not working! I can't seem to see a network LED light on the back? 

0 Ratings