Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom77
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Issues with Subscription Channels

Go to solution

In the last 24hrs I've started having issues with my Broadband delivered Subscription Channels........ any channel that I watch, be it Sport, Entertainment, HD or SD the channel plays for a few minutes then goes blank, if I change channel and come back again it works, only to go off again and again and so on.  This is happening on both my DTR 2100 Boxes (both boxes are connected to Home Hub 5 via Ethernet).  I've had my set-up for over three years and it's been fine, until just now.

Most times the screen goes blank and nothing else, but once or twice I have got the IPC6023 error about a problem with the channel and maybe not enough speed for it??  I've done several speed tests and I'm getting my usual/expected 70Mb/s..... catching-up on programmes via BBC i-player and BT Player have still been working fine.

I've tried unplugging and reconnecting my ethernet cables and unplugging router, etc and this has not fixed the issue.

Any help to solve the issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Issues with Subscription Channels

Go to solution

Hi @Thom77 ,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your BT TV service. I'll be able to run a few checks on your line.

I've sent you an private message with details on how you can contact the mod team. Once I have your details I'll be able to run a few test on your service and get you service back working as it should.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Thom77 ,

Thank you for sending in your details. I've ran a few test on your service and its picking up a potential fault on the Broadband side of things. I've reported this through to Wholesale for investigation. I'll post back as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

PaddyB

Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Thom77 ,

Just a quick update, wholesale have got back to me to say they've cleared the fault on the line. Please can you retest the service this evening an let me know if its back working as it should?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Thom77
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@PaddyB 

Thanks for your reply.

I am currently at home and have tested some of the broadband delivered Sports channels on the two boxes that we have..... unfortunately the channels are still going blank after just a few minutes of watching, I then turned off boxes and router and restarted them just in case I needed to restart the system so to speak for the repair to take affect, but the channels were still going blank????

Hence, at moment it appears issue is not solved...... any further help certainly appreciated.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Thom77 ,

Thank you for posting back, I'm sorry that hasn't working.

I've passed on your details to my colleagues in the BT TV team and I've asked them to investigate. I'll post back as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

PaddyB

Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Thom77 ,

My colleagues in the BT TV team have got back to me and asked if you could provide a few more details about your home setup.

Are there any network switches in your home setup?

What Powerline adaptors are you using?

How is the home hub connected to the master socket?

Can you tune to Channel 399 to see if that is working?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Thom77
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@PaddyB 

Thanks again for your reply.

1.  We don't have any Network Switches in our set-up.

2.  We are not using any Powerline Adaptors..... both our Youview boxes are hardwired ethernet connections, including the youview box upstairs.

3.  Our Master Socket is in our living room and just right next to our router (home hub 5) and down stairs TV/Youview box..... hence, the router is connected directly to master socket by ethernet cable.  We have another cabled connection from router up through ceiling to second Youview box that is in a bedroom.

4.  We put our box to channel 399 and withing 3 or 4 minutes it too went blank, just like all our other broadband delivered channels are doing.

We have had this set-up for a good 3+ years, so this issue is something quite new.

Hope this helps and look forward to hearing back soon.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Thom77 ,

Thank you for replying with those details. I've passed that onto the BT TV team and I'll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

PaddyB

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Thom77 ,

The TV team have got back to me to say the believe they've identified and fixed a fault at the exchange. Please can you retest the service this evening and let me know if the issue has been resolved?

Thanks

PaddyB