cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wysesr2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Issues with recordings - IPC6041

I subscribe toi a number of channels (Gold, Watch, Dave etc. - think it is the Entertainment package) and can happily watch the channels but whenever I try to record them I get an error code IPC6041 and I cant record anything .

I can record AMC HD without any problems and normally terrestial TV as well.

Today (15 June) I set the worls cup highlights to record on ITV at 10:45. The recording didnt start until 10:58 so I missed the first 3 goals.

Any idea what is causing these issues as they are becoming a real pain. I want to cease Sky but cant do this until I know I can record stuff on BT TV.....

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
JohnC2
Message 2 of 4

Re: Issues with recordings - IPC6041

Hi @wysesr2 

Sorry you are having trouble recording some channels.

I've checked the help page for this error code and it suggests

1. Try to access the BT Player, press the Home (or YouView) button, then scroll to and select BT Player
  2. If you still see the error message then try restarting your equipment by following these steps:
    • First, restart your Hub
    • Wait for the broadband light on your Hub to go blue
    • Restart your set top box, using the power switch on the back
    • Now check if you still receive the error
  3. Check your software version is up to date. To do this, press the Home (or YouView) button, then go to Settings > Software Information > Update Software and press OK
  4. Check your On Demand players are up to date by pressing the Home (or YouView) button, then going to Settings > Software Information > Update players & apps and press OK

If this does not resolve the issue please confirm if your hub is connected to the Youview box via Ethernet cable or power line adapters and if you were able to record these channels before. 

Also you may be experiencing failed recordings like other users so check out this thread.

0 Ratings
wysesr2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Tried all of the above, player is fine and can watch things from there. As mentioned AMC HD records fine. 

Youview box is connected directly via Ethernet to hub. Not sure if channels recorded ok previously as only recently upgraded to these channels.

Any other ideas?

0 Ratings
gavinlambourne
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

If you're willing to give up your set-top box please let me know and I will arrange for a new one to be sent to you, and for your existing set-top box to be collected - I'm looking to recover set-top boxes in this state.

If you just want to get it working again, have you tried selecting "Help" on the IPC6041 error messsage that appears?

If you do, it should resolve the issue for you, please let me know either way.

Thanks

Gavin

0 Ratings