Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zombie
Expert
Message 1 of 9

It is possible?

Go to solution

My tv box is receiving someone else's remote record requests?  Last week I noticed a couple of things I don't watch, deleted and forgot about it, right now I'm watching tv and the message pops up Fargo now recording, I don't watch that. Thinking is it the film I just might of added and forgot about but no, it's episode 10/10. Looked at my scheduled recordings and little women LA on lifetime is in there. Don't watch that either. Where are these requests coming from? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: It is possible?

Go to solution

It's possible if someone is logging on to your home network - is it password protected?  

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Stevek1311  thanks for your reply. Yes my network is protected, I'm still using the hubs overly complicated password. I know that I've sent remote recordings over the mobile network when I've been out. So it could be coming from mobiles. I've my tablet linked to bt tv app and my iPhone checking bt tv settings mobile devices it only shows those are linked. I suppose it could be coming from someone's youview app I believe you can request recordings from that but I don't use it. Might just be an odd glitch. It's not causing me any problems, luckily no clashes with my recordings has accrued. Just a shame for the unlucky person who gets home to find the show they wanted hasn't recorded. 

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

You can certainly request recordings from the YouView App over a mobile connection.  It works very well but if I remember right the App will only control a box it has first connected to over your Home network and you have to specifically give consent using yor YouView remote control

In short I've run out of theories, sorry.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@Zombie Do you have any other Humax devices  other than the single Youview box ?

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @zulu17 no I don't have any other humax devices. 

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I have just done a factory reset of the box hopefully that will sort out any issues. As normally I can't fault the bt tv package it works perfectly. I would recommend it to everyone. 

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Is your box new or Refurbished? I'm thinking that maybe it's refurbished and the previous user set it up to work with the youview app from their phone and it's still linked.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
If it is from the app you could have just gone into settings and mobile devices. There it would have showed you what devices were attached and you could delete any you didn't recognise
0 Ratings