Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DirectorsScarf
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Judder

Hi
Never had any problems before but got a shiny new Samsung 4K TV and have motion settings set to auto. Turning it off makes the image soft and an upscaled mess. 4k is a beautiful thing with the football.
So I was watching MasterChef (recorded) BBC1 HD and every now and then it would appear to jump or judder.
Signal is fine and Dandy at 97% and Fibre at 67meg steady. So any tips? Do I leave the motion thing on for a wonderful picture at the expense of an occasional judder? (Is it a known issue?) Or do I turn that setting off on the telly and cope with a far inferior picture to the built in Freeview?
Comments and opinions sincerely appreciated.

Chris
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Judder

I get occasional judder on my Samsung, although I've only ever seen it when watching Snooker. I've seen it when watching on ITV4 and Eurosport and as my free channels are through Freesat, it's clearly the Samsung Auto Motion Plus that's responsible, especially as it wasn't evident on my old TV.

I've left the Motion Plus on Auto, it's better overall and I can't be bothered turning it off and then tweaking the settings. It's not a big deal for me so I've never looked for any solutions, but it is the TV and nothing to do with the rest of your set up.

Highlighted
ozsat
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Judder

We had a Samsung tv and would get judder on a lot of programming - say sports.

If you got it working perfectly on sports then we would find it on films.

Never found any suitable setting on the tv at all.

Get tv replaced in the end.

Looking at other forums (Sky & VM) it does seem to be a common issue with Samsung tvs.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings