cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 18

Re: Jump to time

What model box do you have? On my T2100 FF/REW are unusable on MotoGP (and other internet channel recordings) as it causes loss of all audio needing the box to be rebooted.

That said some experimentation last night after the update seems to suggest this issue has been resolved. Whether by accident or by undocumented intention. Always thought is was due to a memory allocation / corruption problem and it occurs to me that it could be one code module finally being rebuilt to pick up new table sizes / definitions that was missed out of previous firmware builds (25 years software experience tells me it happens).

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 18

Further good news is that they seem to have fixed the random skip result when chase-playing active internet channel recordings.  Been playing around with it this evening and cannot get it to misbehave.

Stevek1311
Expert
Message 13 of 18

I'm actually getting to like this unique implementation.  On the previous (2016) system you got one chance to select a jump to time (same with a certain Sat box that rhymes with Pie) unless you exited the playback and started it all again

However with this scheme you can keep jumping to whichever 10% slot of your choice suits while still in playback

0 Ratings
robotman1
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

I never had to exit playback to be able to make several 'time jumps' in the old software. Maybe I had faulty software, in this case faulty being a good thing 😀

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 18

The main problem I have with this implementation of Jump to Time is that if you accidentally overshoot on sports coverage then you will see a spoiler. Need to be very conservative and / or creep up on it in 10% increments.
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 18

Just thought that at least it makes it easier to mark recording as completely watched by jumping to 90% before FF'ing to the end (a function I miss from the classic Youview interface). You make it think it is obsessive but I hate seeing a recording marked as partially watched when I have finished with it but I don't want to delete it completely just yet as I like to keep it is a reminder of which series I am currently recording.
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 18

Although I christened this as Jump to Tenthtile I have just learnt that there is already a word for this and it should be called Jump to Decile. 🙂
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 18 of 18

Interestingly if you use this 'jump to decile' feature on a recording that is in progress then it jumps to the decile point of the recording length already recorded

ie if you press 5 on a recording of a 2 hour programme that is 1 hour into being recorded it will jump to the 30 minute point (not the 1 hour 50% of total programme point)

Likely the easiest to implement and no complaints, just takes a bit more mental arithmetic to find which number to press.

0 Ratings