cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)

Just ordered it via a british sales team, they will activate on the 18th of this month. Was told if i get the box soon i would be able to use the freeview before the activaction date but not the online features. I was able to spread the cost of the activation fee on my payment plan over several months. I mentioned the powerline adapters and was told they would be shipped out with all youview boxes as standard so hopefully i will get them. For anyone not wanting to speak to overseas i used the online chat and asked to be put through to The uk vision team. Very helpful they were and got me a better deal.

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 38

Just received my YouView box and I didn't get any Powerline adapters. The instructions even said that they were available seperately.
0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 38

@ drhowells in my order screen on my bt it says youview box and powerline adapters together. Did you order from the overseas as i noticed they overlooked the power line adapters. Also when you ordered did they say it would be activated on the 18th ?

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 38

I didn't ask for adapters and I didn't get them. I ordered from the UK retentions department. I have been activated today, with no problems.
0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 35 of 38

hi,just wondered,can you run YouView on HH2 or do you need HH3. thanks for any info.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 38

I am on Home Hub 2 with no problems.
0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 37 of 38

thanks,drhowells,thats good,wont have to hassle bt for a new hub.
0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 38

Well after having my expectations of a Friday delivery shattered and getting quite mad at BT for failing, I checked my order on My BT today and ran the parcelforce tracking check. Would you believe that my order is out for delivery today.

So BT bought themselves some bad press from me by changing my delivery date, then stick to the original anyway. At least I'll be a happy bunny later.

0 Ratings