cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wwwebber
Contributor
2,069 Views
Message 1 of 38

Just ordered YouView from BT ;)

Despite the early offer being Oct 19th for registered customers I have ordered it over the phone today and it arrives on Thursday !!!!.

 

I've had a silver BTVision box from the very start and now I'll have the Youview box and will be ready for all future services. I can now at last record in HD !!!.

0 Ratings
Reply
37 REPLIES 37
masona2
Recognised Expert
2,063 Views
Message 2 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)


@wwwebber wrote:

Despite the early offer being Oct 19th for registered customers I have ordered it over the phone today and it arrives on Thursday !!!!.

 

I've had a silver BTVision box from the very start and now I'll have the Youview box and will be ready for all future services. I can now at last record in HD !!!.


I thought you were leaving it until after your holibobs?

 

Webber, have you been asked to send your old box back? And will you still be using it?

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Reply
drhowells
Recognised Expert
2,053 Views
Message 3 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)

I tried to order tonight but they had a few problems.....I have to ring back in the morning. If it all works out though, I should end up paying less then I currently pay for all of my services....which will be nice 🙂
0 Ratings
Reply
wwwebber
Contributor
2,053 Views
Message 4 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)


@masona2 wrote:

@wwwebber wrote:

Despite the early offer being Oct 19th for registered customers I have ordered it over the phone today and it arrives on Thursday !!!!.

 

I've had a silver BTVision box from the very start and now I'll have the Youview box and will be ready for all future services. I can now at last record in HD !!!.


I thought you were leaving it until after your holibobs?

 

Webber, have you been asked to send your old box back? And will you still be using it?


Nah - couldnt wait lol.

Yes, been asked to put it into a pre-paid jiffy bag for recycling. The missus wants to use it though so I'll try it out and see. If it doesnt work I'll send it back no bother.

0 Ratings
Reply
micaye
Aspiring Expert
2,051 Views
Message 5 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)

Don't "count your chickens before they hatch"  Hopefully should, as expected go well. But keep an open mind by using this forum and weigh up the negatives against the positives here. Good luck.

0 Ratings
Reply
masona2
Recognised Expert
2,037 Views
Message 6 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)


@wwwebber wrote:

I thought you were leaving it until after your holibobs?

 

Webber, have you been asked to send your old box back? And will you still be using it?


Nah - couldnt wait lol.

Yes, been asked to put it into a pre-paid jiffy bag for recycling. The missus wants to use it though so I'll try it out and see. If it doesnt work I'll send it back no bother.


I'll be keeping an eye out for your Multiroom posts. And enjoy your holiday too!

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Reply
Smir
Contributor
1,958 Views
Message 7 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)

do keep us updated with a mini review.. 😉
0 Ratings
Reply
rebnats
Contributor
1,725 Views
Message 8 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)

Hi, do not bank on getting new YouView box this week see my post BT are the Weakest Link. According to them their depot is out of stock, hope for your sake it does happen,and do not expect an update if they have informed you that your order will arrive on a specific day. Chances are they will keep you waiting in all day for nowt. Good luck.

0 Ratings
Reply
wwwebber
Contributor
1,720 Views
Message 9 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)


@rebnats wrote:

Hi, do not bank on getting new YouView box this week see my post BT are the Weakest Link. According to them their depot is out of stock, hope for your sake it does happen,and do not expect an update if they have informed you that your order will arrive on a specific day. Chances are they will keep you waiting in all day for nowt. Good luck.


Sorry to hear that.

I have a tracking number and the parcel is currently at the Nottm depot ready to be delivered to my address nearby tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Reply
drhowells
Recognised Expert
1,700 Views
Message 10 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)

I also have a tracking number and mine is apparantly at the Yorkshire distribution centre. Hope it moves quickly tonight, because it has a long way to travel to get to me tomorrow...

0 Ratings
Reply