cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 1 of 38

Just ordered YouView from BT ;)

Despite the early offer being Oct 19th for registered customers I have ordered it over the phone today and it arrives on Thursday !!!!.

I've had a silver BTVision box from the very start and now I'll have the Youview box and will be ready for all future services. I can now at last record in HD !!!.

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)

@wwwebber wrote:

Despite the early offer being Oct 19th for registered customers I have ordered it over the phone today and it arrives on Thursday !!!!.

I've had a silver BTVision box from the very start and now I'll have the Youview box and will be ready for all future services. I can now at last record in HD !!!.

I thought you were leaving it until after your holibobs?

Webber, have you been asked to send your old box back? And will you still be using it?

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 38

I tried to order tonight but they had a few problems.....I have to ring back in the morning. If it all works out though, I should end up paying less then I currently pay for all of my services....which will be nice 🙂
0 Ratings
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 4 of 38

@masona2 wrote:

@wwwebber wrote:

Webber, have you been asked to send your old box back? And will you still be using it?

Nah - couldnt wait lol.

Yes, been asked to put it into a pre-paid jiffy bag for recycling. The missus wants to use it though so I'll try it out and see. If it doesnt work I'll send it back no bother.

0 Ratings
micaye
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 38

Don't "count your chickens before they hatch"  Hopefully should, as expected go well. But keep an open mind by using this forum and weigh up the negatives against the positives here. Good luck.

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 38

@wwwebber wrote:

Nah - couldnt wait lol.

Yes, been asked to put it into a pre-paid jiffy bag for recycling. The missus wants to use it though so I'll try it out and see. If it doesnt work I'll send it back no bother.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your Multiroom posts. And enjoy your holiday too!

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Smir
Contributor
Message 7 of 38

do keep us updated with a mini review.. 😉
0 Ratings
rebnats
Contributor
Message 8 of 38

Hi, do not bank on getting new YouView box this week see my post BT are the Weakest Link. According to them their depot is out of stock, hope for your sake it does happen,and do not expect an update if they have informed you that your order will arrive on a specific day. Chances are they will keep you waiting in all day for nowt. Good luck.

0 Ratings
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 9 of 38

@rebnats wrote:

Hi, do not bank on getting new YouView box this week see my post BT are the Weakest Link. According to them their depot is out of stock, hope for your sake it does happen,and do not expect an update if they have informed you that your order will arrive on a specific day. Chances are they will keep you waiting in all day for nowt. Good luck.

Sorry to hear that.

I have a tracking number and the parcel is currently at the Nottm depot ready to be delivered to my address nearby tomorrow.

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 38

I also have a tracking number and mine is apparantly at the Yorkshire distribution centre. Hope it moves quickly tonight, because it has a long way to travel to get to me tomorrow...

0 Ratings