cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)

My old silver box is playing up - who do I need to call to order my box straight away?

0 Ratings
rebnats
Contributor
Message 12 of 38

Hope it goes well for you. Word of caution if you have to have powerline adapters,they are separate delivery. According to BT my adapters are supposed to arrive today or tomorrow YouView box after another 7working days. Hope you get the real thing.
0 Ratings
Displaced_Geordie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 38

I have been researching YouView for a while and thought you might be interested in this news report today in TechRadar - 

BT: YouView not ready enough to stop us selling BT Vision boxes ...

www.techradar.com › News by technology › Television

Seems there is still work needed too be done on the YouView box....
0 Ratings
jeffrey700
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 38

0 Ratings
technoant
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 38

Ordered Youview from BT got confirmation my box will be arriving Friday, paid £49 + £6.95 PP, recontracted just my vision unlimited service for 12 months (was on a rolling contract I also have BT Infinity) at a reduction of £2.50 per month for the first six months (£10 per month) then £12.50 for the rest of the contract.

Was told that Youview orders were only being dealt with BT`s Doncaster call centre, so anyone calling to order would be put through to customer options Doncaster, also asked about my BT Vision Box (Black without the software upgrade) would I be able to use as multiroom? And the ESPN card? Good luck I was told if I could do it?

0 Ratings
Smir
Contributor
Message 16 of 38

When the youview box comes just try plugging an Ethernet cable into it an see if you get all ya services?? Would be if it works !
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 38

@technoant

Were you out of contract for both Vision and BB? And if so did you have to renew both and get discounts on both?

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 38

OK I just ordered mine by calling 0800 100 400

I paid the standard £49 activation and £6.95 delivery contracting Vision Unlimited for 12 months with a £1-?? per month discount for 12 months. I was out of contract for Vision but my Phone and BB Option 3 were in contract. I only recontracted my Vision service.

The box is being delivered on Friday.

I was told that I MUST return my silver box.

0 Ratings
technoant
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 38

In reply to masona2

I was out of contract with BT Vision - been on a rolling contract for 6 weeks, not out of contract with BT Infinity - the £2.50 per month discount applies just to my BT Vision re-contract.

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 38

Thanks for the above info re contracts.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings