Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 38

Re: Just ordered YouView from BT ;)

I've just had one more thought.

BT told me I that had to return my silver Vision box when my YouView Humax arrives. I have just read the current T&Cs and it appears that after an initial 12 months the box is mine to keep for no additional payment.

On the basis that I initially joined in April 2009 and then remained out of contract for Vision after my first term expired, I guess that I can keep my ageing box and see if it has any use.

Would you agree?

0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 38

Well this is not going well now.......

I ordered mine yesterday and was told it would be here on Friday 12th.

I just decided to ring BT to ask if the powerline adaptors are automatically included and was told "The order will be with you on Monday 15th as you were informed yesterday" so I am a little frustrated.

Add to this that the My BT website which showed my order nicely yesterday (should have got a screen print) now just comes up with an error and won't show any package or order information.

The agent I just spoke to had such a strong asian accent that I actually don't know whether I am getting powerline adaptors either.

Here we go BT - just when I thought things were going well.

0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 38

The website just updated. It now shows my order for delivery on Monday - and that it was placed TODAY which is utter rubbish !!!!

Now I'm not happy BT
0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 38

Hi i does anyone know which number to call and are they british or the overseas people from the call center thanks.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 38

@brummygit wrote:
The website just updated. It now shows my order for delivery on Monday - and that it was placed TODAY which is utter rubbish !!!!

Now I'm not happy BT

Your lucky you can order it - many of us got the email stating 19th October was earliest you could order it and as we now know was a lie from BT.

Also users still under contract have to pay full price

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 38

Just rung the number someone suggested in the previous posts you get through to the overseas call center who advises me that there system is down and i cant place an order till sat. Can someone reccommend a different number who are British and can put the order through want to order today. 🙂

0 Ratings
rebnats
Contributor
Message 27 of 38

Similar position see my post BT weakest link.Had email and text my YouView equipment would arrive on 9.10.12. No delivery then informed would take 7 days to reorder as out of stock in depot. My order has now gone off tracking system. Shambles
0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 38

I posted the telephone number yesterday and it got me to a UK call centre - very helpful and informative.

Regarding the ordering, yes I also got the email about 19th October but rang yesterday and asked if I could order early. I had been deliberately not recontracting my Vision service since 2010 waiting for a new box with Freeview HD so it's been a long wait for me too Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 38

What options did you use at the time when you phoned. I got put through to someone overseas.

0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 38

I followed the standard route to place an order for Vision - I guess it's all down to load on their call centres

0 Ratings