Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Just ordered infinity but couldn't order TV at same time

Is this right?

I am on ADSL at the moment with a youview box and TV essential. I have ordered BT Infinity option 2 but the lady on the phone said that the system wouldn't allow her to order the full TV package and switch my BT sport to youview from Sky.

I hope, and assume, I can do this as soon as the infinity is installed?

Also, if I switch the BT sport to the youview box will I still get free HD on it because there is currently 7 months of free HD left on my BT sport on the sky box?

Hope this makes sense because I just confused myself.Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Just ordered infinity but couldn't order TV at same time

Dave, as BT Sports will be delivered over the Infinity, I would say yes, the full Vision package couldn't be activated until you have Infinity. As the HD, I would make sure that when you order the Vision package you make the remaining months of free HD is included.
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the response. 

How long does TV take to activate? Is it instant?

The reason I am impatient is because I want my sky box gone and this set up properly ASAP.

I think BT must be very busy installing these. They have texted me to move my engineer appointment back three days. I also lost the afternoon appointment on the phone because it was taken while we were finalising the order.

Having waited years for infinity to get to this area, I honestly cannot wait.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Once you get your box and they switch it on it just works ..... You just have to hope they manage it all ..... Great service but getting the lines joined up and depts to talk to one another can be a nightmare ..... But help is always at hand here

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings