cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 87

Re: Known Routers to Work with Multicast/IGMP

I don't think your TP-Link supports IGMP proxy so you are probably out of luck with that router

0 Ratings
colinb4987
Beginner
Message 22 of 87

Really? I was under the impression from this thread (and Kevin_Beddoe's site http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/vision/multicast.html) that the router should work. do you know how I would go about testing whether the router does/does not support IGMP proxy, whether or not there is an option for it in the webGUI?
0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 87

On my TP-Link TL-WDR4900 I have an option to turn it on and off in Network->LAN

A quick Google reveals your should actually support it with no configuration required. In which case why it is not working is a mystery to me. Have you ever had these channels working at all, through a Homehub for example?

0 Ratings
colinb4987
Beginner
Message 24 of 87

I'm stymied too - my Googling suggests the same. Channels work fine with HH3 connected directly, but then the rest of the LAN and APs goes a bit haywire

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 87

No idea then. Perhaps a word with TP-Link?

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 87

@colinb4987 wrote:

First of all, great thread - has helped me avoid days of fighting with a Cisco E4200. I do, nevertheless, have a problem that can likely be very quickly solved

I opted to plug in a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND running initially stock from-factory firmware - this resulted in my BT Vision box being able to access On Demand services (iPlayer, 4oD, and BT Player), but giving an error when trying to view the BT Sport channels (507/8). Updating to the latest factory firmware had the same result. Since then, I've tried DD-WRT and Gargoyle, but to no avail.

Can anyone enlighten me as to how to get this router to pass the relevant packets through so I can watch the BT Sport channels?

Many thanks!

Hi colin,

The TL-WR1043ND works without any issues, it's litterally plug and play (no configuration for IGMP) - I know as I have the device using the latest firmware. I've also updated to the Archer C7 which also works perfectly

Can you check under 'Advanced Routing' then 'System Routing Table', you should see the IGMP ip addresses - also ensure you have Upnp enabled.

regards

Walkerx

0 Ratings
Highlighted
sprout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 87

OK, I have a Billion 7800N

Do all who have this working have it connected by ADSL?

I ask as I cannot get this to work with infinity 2

Can someone at least tell me if this is possible Smiley Wink

Thank you 

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 87

please see this post

0 Ratings
sprout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 87

Ok,

Had seen that thread and will have another read BUT everything seems to refer to using the EWAN port which of course is ALREADY used with fibre as it takes the "BT Infinity" Red cable from the openreach box

Am I missing something?

NOTE: I can use all the iPlayer incarnations it is just the "EXTRA" subscribed channels I cannot get unless I use the BT home hub.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 87

Presumably you're referring to the likes of BT Sport etc which are IPTV channels.

You need to read steps 1-3 in this link - Billion 7800n for IPTV

0 Ratings