Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sprout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 87

Re: Known Routers to Work with Multicast/IGMP

When I get to step 3 there is no option for entering the info shown, all i see is as below????

ADSL  

Profile Port  EWAN 
ProtocolPure Bridge
VLAN MuxEnable802.1Q VLAN ID [2 - 4095]

What is mentioned in that link is only visible for ADSL as per the image shown in that link and hopefully below:

The Billion 7800N WAN Profile screen

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 87

Ignore my last post and read the one that walkerx pointed you to and do exactly as I did in that post.

IE. The solution for the Billion is to add another profile (Pure Bridge) to the EWAN port along with the PPPoE profile. Save settings & restart. I've also enabled IGMP proxy & snooping.

The EWAN port will have to profiles against it now & you should have no issues getting the multicast internet channels.

0 Ratings
sprout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 87

First thanks for taking the time to reply, it is appreciated.

Because I felt I followed info I found on here etc and have had no joy I now feel I need to make sure it is not something obvious that I am doing wrong:

I think my firmware is 1.06D and it looks like the latest is 1.06G.  An issue?

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 87

Here's another link that maybe helpful as well Billion Multicast settings

I was using 1.06h quite successfully. Available from the Billion website here

0 Ratings
sprout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 87

That was one of the first links I found and followed but no joy.

Think I will update firmware in a bit (after tea) and try again.

I think I remember you mentioning "I assume you mean BT sport channels etc" that I was trying to view?

To be clear it is the extra channels i.e Animal Planet, Nat Geo etc

I had already taken up the BT sport from the start through my SLY box

0 Ratings
sprout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 87

OK,

Decided tea had to wait Cat Tongue

Just updated to the latest firmware of 1.06G and it all came to life Smiley Happy

SO, I am pleased my marbles are still roughly in place and was doing as was instructed Smiley Wink

UPDATE your FIRMWARE if you have my issue!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all who helped especially Tim Curtis

Happy Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
badwolf456
Message 37 of 87

Hi

Please add the Draytek Vigor 2830 to the list of working Multicast routers. Just ensure IGMP Proxy is enabled in the Applications menu.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 87

Please add the Vigor 2860 to the list of working routers, again just enable IGMP Proxy/Snooping. I can confirm that the Vigor 2930 does not work even though you can enable IGMP proxy on it from a command shell.
0 Ratings
Kemaleon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 87

Revival!

So I have a TP-Link TL-WDR4900 but stopped using it a while ago as I was still getting the "You are not using a HomeHub so some channels might not work" blah blah message. Initially it was rare, then occasional, then regular until it was almost everytime I turned the Vision+ box on. Sometimes it would pop up while I was watching TV already.

This and the Wifi wasn't as good as the Netgear WNDR3700 I had before the multicast no-work bombshell.

So, has anyone else using a TP-Link router had these messages of various regularity? Did you find a way to stop them?

0 Ratings
aself
Beginner
Message 40 of 87

Hi,

I have a netgear router (R7000) and was trying your suggestion for getting the router to work with youview.

For some reason it won't do it, I was having a slight problem following your instructions as well.

Is there any chance you could provide some screen shots to show exactly which fields you have altered in order to get it to work?

Also do you have the youview box plugged into the BT HH or the netgear router now?

Thanks!

0 Ratings