cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

L:inking my TV to my computer

have broadband and You view all supplied by BT. How do I set up the link between my computer and my Tv (which is a smart TV) so that I can get BBC I player and Amazon prime etc??

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: L:inking my TV to my computer

if smart tv does it have wireless connection or just ethernet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

It has wireless connection
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Then just go to the TVs and network section and look for available networks and when you see yours then try and connect. You will need the wireless password and then connect

no difference to basically to connecting mobile to your network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

If possible the best, most reliable solution is to run an ethernet cable from the router (Homehub) to a network switch by the TV. Then connect the TV and the Youview box and any other "smart" AV box (eg DVD player) to the network switch with short ethernet patch cables.

How you hide the long run of cable depends on your particular home but I have mine tucked under the edge of the carpet running all round the dining room (where the router is which doubles as my study) and the living room.  General advice is that the cable can be up to 100M long so more than plenty for the typical size of home.

0 Ratings