cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Lack of channels

I've just got a brand new Youview box and have tried to tune it but only got 20 very random channels. No mainstream channels at all. When the aerial was put in a couple of years back everything worked fine but I've only been using my Sky box to this point. Unless I have done something wrong in assuming it's the aerial. To be honest it looks absolutely fine but I don't know.

Does it even matter once I get the Internet on?

Simon
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lack of channels

@Simonmcurtis1978 wrote:
I've just got a brand new Youview box and have tried to tune it but only got 20 very random channels. No mainstream channels at all. When the aerial was put in a couple of years back everything worked fine but I've only been using my Sky box to this point. Unless I have done something wrong in assuming it's the aerial. To be honest it looks absolutely fine but I don't know.

Does it even matter once I get the Internet on?

Simon

The box needs a working aerial for the standard BBC/ITV/Channel 4 type channels. Only the extra pay channels are delivered via the broadband. 

Do you have access to an indoor aerial you could try? They're not suitable for everyone because of signal strength but if you pick up more channels with that it would suggest am issue with your main aerial. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I am going to get a new coaxial tomorrow in case it's that, but failing that something must be up with my aerial. It looks fine and if I can get some channels it can't be completely knackered!
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Have you tried plugging the arial cable into your TV to see what happens?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings