Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yesmaybe
Beginner
Message 11 of 21

Re: Large button remote for disabled

Is there any feedback on this?

I'm viewing on a phone and can it's from August, but unsure of the year so hope it is only eight months old not more!

I also have dexterity issues with the you view remote and think it is a terrible design. The down and back button are too close, as are the guide and 1 button. Especially when the lights are off.

Ten plus years ago Sky had a 'back' button' to go back to the last channel. I am forever wishing I could push this when I make a mistake on the you view remote.

I see BT now have a website dedicated to dexterity, does that go as far as offering large touch controls to those that need it?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

@yesmaybe thanks for posting, I believe this post from @Gemma_P our TV expert is responding to similar feedback regarding the Youview remote.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 13 of 21

Hi @yesmaybe Thank you for the feedback about the remote control design. This has been feedback to design teams and is on the radar. No time scales for changes at present but it is being looked into and should have improvements in the future.

Community ModeratorGemma
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
yesmaybe
Beginner
Message 14 of 21

I am still struggling to find my way around the youview remote. The biggest struggle I have is trying to press the various buttons and especially when the room lights are off. I can't believe part of the design testing process (if there was one) wasn't focused using the machine with lights off, or when you can't see the text on the buttons.

Are there any better designed remotes (soon to be) available for those that need it?

Thanks.
0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 15 of 21

Hi I don't know if you know this but a humax youview remote control for the retail dtr-2000 would actually work your bt youview box as well. It's a little bit bigger hopefully it's big enough for you granted not much bigger but hopefully a start.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 21

0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 17 of 21

While this works I don't think a keyboard sticking out of the box it's a good substitute for a large button remote. That of course is my opinion.
0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 18 of 21

That should say is not it's auto correct changed the text
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 21

Just to confirm that as per my posting last year I see that the 'old' style larger button YouView remote can still be purchased 'as new' on ebay if BT can't supply anything. Worth a look for those who have issues with the current remote...

0 Ratings
Jk2
Message 20 of 21

Hi,
Please did you find anything that is compatible? As I’m struggling to find one that my elderly father is able to see and use easily.

BT has definitely dropped the ball on this one as virgin and sky both do them as well as voice controlled.

Thanks
Jk2
0 Ratings