cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infinidim
Expert
Message 1 of 16

Latest Software - ITV Player crashing

Last night my YouView box decided not to record the whole of DCI Banks so I decided that I would watch it on ITV Player.

It started playing OK but when it got to the first adverts something went very wrong. The screen went black and I was unable to do anything with the remote control. After what seemed like a minute or so the YouView box dropped back to the original channel that I had been watching before I loaded the ITV Player.

Has anybody else had this issue and is there a solution to this issue?

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Latest Software - ITV Player crashing

Hi Infinidim,

I'm not aware of any issues with that program on the ITV Player. How are things with your Youview service are you still having issue watching that show?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Highlighted
infinidim
Expert
Message 3 of 16

@PaddyB wrote:

Hi Infinidim,

I'm not aware of any issues with that program on the ITV Player. How are things with your Youview service are you still having issue watching that show?

Thanks

PaddyB

PaddyB,

I did manage to watch the show in the end but I was not impressed by the way that the ITV Player crashed when I tried to watch the show the first time.

I have also noticed that there is clipping of start of programs if you are recording two programs and watching a third. It only clips about 15 - 20 seconds but this is still an issue I would like to see addressed.

Regards

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 16

We are unable to watch anything on ITV Player. We get a this content is not available in your area. What???? 

0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 16

@MagicCottage wrote:

We are unable to watch anything on ITV Player. We get a this content is not available in your area. What???? 

Are you in Scotland or Northern Ireland by any chance?

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 16

No. Lincolnshire
0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 16

@MagicCottage wrote:
No. Lincolnshire

What postcode did you enter into your box when you set it up?  For example, if you put in DD instead of DN, the box would see you as being north of the border.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 16

Postcodes all over this area are LN, so i wouldn't have thought so. Anyway, this has only been happening fairly recently.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 16

I believe the postcode may be used to select what adverts may be selected to be played by Youview.

0 Ratings
infinidim
Expert
Message 10 of 16

@zulu17 wrote:

I believe the postcode may be used to select what adverts may be selected to be played by Youview.

Thats' what I believe as well.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

0 Ratings