cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: Latest Software - ITV Player crashing

I think the point is being missed here. We live in Lincolnshire where the postcode is generally LN in large areas. This is not a new installation and has only been happening recently.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
infinidim
Expert
Message 12 of 16

@MagicCottage wrote:

I think the point is being missed here. We live in Lincolnshire where the postcode is generally LN in large areas. This is not a new installation and has only been happening recently.

MagicCottage,

It sounds like they have caused the issue with an update that you have received. I would contact the moderators to see if they can get it sorted out for you - it sometimes takes a while for them to get back to you but they do get things sorted. One of the moderators has been on this forum so I would contact him.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 16

Tried to play Saturday night takeaway this evening on itv player. It just played the adverts and then switched to a black screen with the itv logo. Same on other shows as well. Seems like it will not play the shows at all.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 16

@Guppyfish1 wrote:
Tried to play Saturday night takeaway this evening on itv player. It just played the adverts and then switched to a black screen with the itv logo. Same on other shows as well. Seems like it will not play the shows at all.

I tried and experienced similar  problems with the Sat night takeaway - on different Youview boxes with different s/w builds. However other ITV player shows did play ... eg  The americans from the same night  , rugby highlights and A great welsh adventure  and an earlier weeks edition of the show all played on after the adverts. So I think its something specific with that programme..

0 Ratings
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 16

Have solved our particular problem. Retuned the box and it seems to have sorted it. 

infinidim
Expert
Message 16 of 16

@MagicCottage wrote:

Have solved our particular problem. Retuned the box and it seems to have sorted it. 

Interesting that re-tuning the box fixed the issue. It doesn't seem to be logical unless there is an interaction between the live channels and the players on the YouView boxes.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings