cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 43

Re: Latest improvements to YouView

It's a decent platform. Just very different to what came before. 

YouView still outsells Freeview STB's and the new platform has been out for over a year. If it was even half as bad as many internet complainers say, they would have fallen well behind by now.

0 Ratings
hyper01
Contributor
Message 22 of 43

Another event missed the end of due to the shoddy YouView box, time for it and BT to go in the bin.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 43

hyper01 wrote:

Another event missed the end of due to the shoddy YouView box, time for it and BT to go in the bin.

Please list the programme, channel and time of recording.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 43

hyper01 wrote:

Some channels are worse than others & the only recognised solution is to record also the following program on those channels.

Youview will never implement any form of padding as this has been requested since it's inception. They rely on the broadcasters to accurately send the start & stop signals, with varying results obviously.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 43

Should the title of this thread not be changed to "Latest improvements to BT Youview" as Youview have released improvements to retail boxes which we don't currently get?

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 43

Yet.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 43

Keyinferno wrote:

Yet.

That's why I said "we don't currently get".

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 43

My sons got them on his retail box. He said there fantastic and particularly likes the 'add to watch list' feature.

robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 43

I also have them on a retail box and I agree with your son.

I would love to see them rolled out to BT boxes as I'm certain people here would enjoy having it too. It's just that post BT put up about them and Youview doing different things that has got me slightly concerned that BT customers may miss out on some of the features, especially the new 'add to watch list' feature. It fits in well with the overall UI.

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 43

Theres no need to worry on that front. Both bt, tt and pn are going to get this new features update eventually.

I can't remember where I read it, but someone on another forum said bt are currently a-bug huntin.

0 Ratings