cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 43

Latest improvements to YouView

Hi All, just to let you know BT are making some improvements to your service, including:

1. Faster channel changing on the Extra TV Channels (300-599).

1. Greater protection for any video and audio glitches caused by issues in the  home or  network, if indeed you have any.

In addition we are also looking at ways to improve recordings of BT Sport events that overrun.

As part of the latest YouView software update, we’re making some changes to your TV service to improve quality. As part of this, there will be a very low rate of network data flowing into the YouView box which you may notice on the network activity lights on your Home Hub or any other network devices. Don’t worry though - this does not count toward your Broadband allowance so there’ll be no extra charges and it won’t affect your broadband experience.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
42 REPLIES
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 43

Re: Latest improvements to YouView

JohnC2 wrote:

In addition we are also looking at ways to improve recordings of BT Sport events that overrun.

Rather than try to re-invent the wheel why not just use the method used by every other platform and device out there?

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 43

gomezz wrote:

JohnC2 wrote:

Rather than try to re-invent the wheel why not just use the method used by every other platform and device out there?

Which is what?

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 43

I totally agree, why are they trying to re-invent the wheel. Some of the functionality is superior, but they should have a base line for the other stuff of what has gone before, if you see what I mean.

For a start make it so I don't need to spend 30 minutes fault finding or reseting the box and router every time I get another minor cosmetic update…

I seem to have just go latest update and having all these 6002 errors again and no internet channels, third time now although a reboot of router and box seems to have fixed it this time ( touch wood)

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 43

Keyinferno wrote:

gomezz wrote:

JohnC2 wrote:

Which is what?

1)  Use Accurate Recording;

2)  Allow fixed time recordings which allows users to pad out to anticipate possible overruns which is my preferred option for recording live sport when AR usage can become screwed up.

0 Ratings
hyper01
Contributor
Message 6 of 43

Indeed the prime function for a PVR is to accurately record programs.

The YouView box fails this, and BT + YouView both fail to recongnise this.

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 43

Channel changing is much faster now Man Very Happy

0 Ratings
Stevetipton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 43

So why the new download this evening ? 4 days after the last one?

0 Ratings
patelc7
Contributor
Message 9 of 43

There is a further update helping to solve some defects hence you will see a couple of updates

0 Ratings
Stevetipton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 43

Am I the only one that gets these updates with such monotonous regularity? Just had the 3rd this month. Sio three now in December - why release one at tjhis time of the year???      I wouldnt mind so much but they dont work properly. They dont carry forward the settings - everytime they decide my correct region is London which I actually cannot connect to - but put the scheduled BBC1 recordings onto London and not Oxford. I just cannot wait to get off this service onto one that works without updates impacting so regularly.

0 Ratings