cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 43

Re: Latest improvements to YouView

I read something like that on Digitalspy but the person was posting a supposition that 'maybe' BT were waiting for bugs to be ironed out. Truth is no-one knows what BT are planning next as they haven't posted anything new since the 1st post on the 'Future Updates' thread 10 days ago informing us of the 'edit channels' function coming to the older T1000 boxes. It could be a long wait before BT catch up with retail. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

0 Ratings
harshtandon
Message 32 of 43

Can't agree more!

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 33 of 43

Somthing to look out for this. The other day I was trying to delete a programme from scheduled recordings and the screen was no updating. I kept on pressing delete a few times and then did a back, came out the MyView and went back in and found it had deleted a load of scheduled programme as well as the one I was trying to get rid of.

This happened after I'd just turned the box on after a while so perhaps it was doing some sort of house keeping in the back ground? Apolgies if this has already been mentioned.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 34 of 43

I see a new update 29.53 has been issued

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-update-29-53-0

"This update allows you to perform more actions when looking at programme information in the guide and also makes it easier to continue watching your series recordings."

Not for T-1000s of course .  And no 'jump to time' 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 35 of 43

BT really are taking the proverbial with the lack of, or should I say more accurately the return of the 'jump to time' feature - not amused.
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 36 of 43

Sadly this latest update hasn't fixed the Live Pause buffer while recording bug

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 43

Wow, something of a must have for your average BT YouView customer. What a disaster.
Meanwhile in the real world, a function that 99.99% of users would never use.
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 38 of 43

Well recent YouView customers wil rarely use it as it doesn't work properly on recent boxes.  People that never get telephoned nor have their door bells rung won't either

How strange that other PVR sellers make a point about how good a feature Live Pause is for just those occasions

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 39 of 43

I have not got the update to my box as yet but with the last few updates its been at lest 2 weeks after the new update comes out that my box seems to get updated.

I also think its only a metter of time before the old T1000 boxes are discontinued altogether.

I still have the old BT T1000 but use it in another room just as a Freeview PVR and for the free catch up players. I use the T2100 BT Youview box for Freeview as well as BT TV.

Darren

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 40 of 43

Have you tried forcing an update through the Settings menu?  That works every time for me

0 Ratings