cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 24

Re: Less HD Freeview Channels

You are aware that on the major tv provider (Sky) HD is an extra charge as well. There seems to be an absolute fascination with HD with some people but HD id still not standard practice with the companies making things

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 22 of 24

Presumably 5G mobile sales are much more lucrative than Freeview TV but I wonder whether the whole concept of Freeview isn't under threat with the expected demise of the TV Licence as we know it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 24

@garybs29 

Yes I am, it's £6 a month and adds 35 HD channels...

How many HD channels does the BT TV HD boost add?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 24

@garybs29wrote:

You are aware that on the major tv provider (Sky) HD is an extra charge as well

Not for freesat channels though, all FTA HD channels are viewable.

I agree though that comparing Youview with Virgin or Sky subscription is not a valid comparison - you can only consider the channels which are available without subscription. Not sure about Virgin, but there are more HD channels available on Freesat, or indeed a non-subscribed Sky box - at least 26, though half of them are dross - news & shopping channels. There are only a handful of worthwhile HD channels on Freesat that aren't on Freeview.

Whilst I'm all for HD expansion, I think that the Freeview model for the forseeable future will be lots of commercial SD channels plus PSB sector HD.