cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasterOfHounds
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Like Harry Houdini my purchases love to vanish! But how to get them back? I hope Harry Potter can...

Go to solution

I have two YouView boxes in my house, for simplicity I will call my Living Room one Box 1 and the one in my bedroom Box 2.

I made two purchases via the BT Player App last year for movies which appear in Purchases on Box 1, where I have them and a couple of day's ago I made two more purchases on Box 1. When I load the BT TV Purchases App on my iOS device, they all appear, so far so good right?

Now my lovely title will be explained.

On Box 2 I go to the BT Player App and go to purchases, so I can watch the two I purchased - after all they are all on the same account, right? Well I thought wrong....the two I had purchsed last year and watched previously on Box 2 appears for a few seocnds then vanished. A bit perplexed I closed the app and wen back inside to it - and they where gone.

I swithced the box off at the wall for 1 minute then back on again, same thing - no purchases there. I went to the YouView settings and clicked on the option to check for Software Updates and all up to date. There is an option in the BT Player app to "re-sync" the software so that purchases you have got on other devices (such as Box 1) appear there.

Guess what happened?

If you guessed they did not appaer and it says, "You have Zero Purchases" then grab yourself a beer as that is the right answer.

Box 2 can still go "online" meaning that can stream internet channels ok, it can view content from the "On Demand" players and it can play music videos from the BT TV Player as that is part of the pack I pay for, thus I know it's not an internet problem or a full problem with the Box 2 - just that it doe snot see my purhases.

The last thing i want to do is a "Factory Reset" of the device as I have recordings that I still want to watch and wil loose in the hope that i can get the purchases to view - after all I dont want to do this and for it not to work.

Has anyone had this before? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!

MasterOfHounds

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Like Harry Houdini my purchases love to vanish! But how to get them back? I hope Harry Potter ca

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Are you paying the extra money for multiroom?

0 Ratings
MasterOfHounds
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: Like Harry Houdini my purchases love to vanish! But how to get them back? I hope Harry Potter ca

Go to solution

Hi there Keith_Beddoe

Yes, i pay for Multiroom - hence i was able to get the second box via BT as part of that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@MasterOfHounds wrote:

Hi there Keith_Beddoe

Yes, i pay for Multiroom - hence i was able to get the second box via BT as part of that.

Not really an expert in this area, but there are a few forum members who are. I seem to remember reading about this issue before, on this forum. Something about only being able to view purchases on one box at a time.

0 Ratings
MasterOfHounds
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Its not that I want to see "Movie 1" for example at the same time on Box 1 and Box 2.

Previoulsy all "purchases" made (all two of them) on Box 1 appeared on Box 2 - now that I made two purchases on Box 1 all the purcahses appear on that and also on my iOS device, but on my Box 2 - it's gone 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Don't have the extra box service myself.

However looking at

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48185/~/bt-tv-purchases

Can I watch a film I've purchased on my extra box if I purchased it on my main box?

You can only watch your purchases on the box you made your purchase, so you won’t be able to buy it on one box and watch it on an extra box. If you want to watch your purchases elsewhere you can watch them on a smartphone, tablet or computer.

So if your purchases were on box 1 it implies you won't be able toi watch on box 2.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MasterOfHounds
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

As if my magic, or the forces above - the purchases now appear on both box's now. It must have been a glitch! I will mark this post as Resolved! Maybe Harry Potter did fix it for me....

0 Ratings